PDA

View Full Version : Baggage

Dr Jekyll
3rd Aug 2007, 17:05
A colleague of mine is planning a BA flight to the Seychelles for her wedding, and is a bit worried about how to get the wedding dress there. She reckons that packed in a bag it will crease, and she is going economy so can't hang it in a wardrobe.

What is the usual solution in these situations?

SXB
3rd Aug 2007, 17:30
Yes, DHL offer a special handling service, as longed as it's packed properly (maybe ask the vendor how they are normally packed) it should get there alright. I've shipped various weird items with DHL and they've always done a good job. They should be able to offer advice on the best method of delivery, though it will cost her a fortune.....

Atishoo
3rd Aug 2007, 17:57
My sis in law shipped hers on her Cyprus airways flight to Cyprus for her wedding. It was in the usual long wedding dress bag, and the crew very kindy hung it at the back of the plane.

My other friend was lucky they had a row of spare seats at back and laid hers out over those.

And on my flight with jamie redknapp, (easyjet) his Wife being famous n all that , hung her bestest dresses in the darn cockpit, how abt tHAT ? !!

SingleLensReflex
6th Aug 2007, 22:50
jamie redknapp's missus would look great wearing creased TescoSaver binliners! life just isn't fair.

Rush2112
7th Aug 2007, 08:04
Or get one out there?

Gertcha
7th Aug 2007, 09:28
BA.com isn't very helpful in this instance, just saying that dresses cannot be transported in the cabin due to government restrictions. I have heard of companies that can supply wedding dress boxes for transportation. Try a search in google for "wedding dress boxes". Good luck!

apaddyinuk
10th Aug 2007, 00:15
Do BA still fly to the Seychelles????? Im sure we dont unless its a codeshare with someone else!
As for the wedding dress...just tell her to put it in a suit carrier and carry it, she should be allowed and the crew will happily pop it into a wardrobe. Im just back from MRU and we had about 20 dresses in the wardrobe!!!!

Hotel Mode
10th Aug 2007, 09:27
Only Air Seychelles flies LON-SEZ. BA do not have any codeshares there at the moment.