PDA

View Full Version : Dgca Car

Canuck15
3rd Aug 2007, 04:17
Hey Folks

Is there any concrete news on this so called regulation that is suppose to convert any ICAO Pliot Licence with just passing the air regs exam and not the composite . I have been getting varied views. Any thought on this ....

regards

divinesoul
3rd Aug 2007, 06:58
Canuck

This rumour has been floating around for quite sometime now.

Unless there is an official word from the Indian DGCA it will remain just that-a rumour.

And knowing the incompetent people at DGCA i really doubt they will change the composite requirement for conversion .

Left Wing
3rd Aug 2007, 09:47
even more no change since it "helps" the contract agents bring in expat pilots and dgca get a cut to "clear" the expats to fly.

No hits to the expats...indian aviation needs the expertise the expat pilots bring in..........

Canuck15
4th Aug 2007, 11:01
Yeah I thought as much ....I guess its just wishfull thinking ...thanks guys

hpcock
4th Aug 2007, 14:42
Hey Canuck

Sorry to compound your misery - but its still as it was before. Regs & Composite. However, I have heard that the current DGCA exams are JAA based. Maybe this can be clarified by somebody who has recently & successfully completed their exams. Did mine some time ago, when it was full of those DGCA mistakes & eroneous qu's!!

Good luck
HPC

flightknight
4th Aug 2007, 18:55
At the present time they have a JAA composite and Air Regs (Updated in Aug 2007) for the conversion. It will eventually be changed to the FAA type computerised written exam by the beginning of next year. This is from the DGCA grapewine - so you will need to verify this information. Check dgca circulars on their website.
http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage.php?autono=293248&leftnm=3&subLeft=0&chkFlg=
http://aero-defense.ihs.com/news/faa-india-aviation.htm

air_cowboy
4th Aug 2007, 23:19
hi...
had heard rumours to the same effect of just an air law paper.
in reply to what hp cock mentioned...
i just gave my composite and regs papers July 2007. very much JAA based but also since it is a composite paper and they are limited to how much they can ask u in 80 questions out of 5 subjects , it was more testing the basics (spare a couple of tricky ones) rather that dwelling into detail...and the questions were very to the point and well framed so not much confusion to decipher what they were asking of you ... i for one was quite impressed!!!
as for the regs paper... dead easy!! all the obvious questions...

a_c