PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Vine BBC Radio 2 - 3rd August - Airport Security!!

Human Factor
2nd Aug 2007, 18:46
According to Jeremy Vine this lunchtime, his show on Friday 3rd August will be discussing Airport Security in the UK, how much of an inconvenience it is and whether or not it is appropriate.

I won't be around tomorrow (flying) but if anyone wants to contribute, I believe you can phone or email........

:ok:

Matrix2055
2nd Aug 2007, 19:15
If somebody could post an outlines of his speech, that would be highly appreciated also…

cwatters
2nd Aug 2007, 20:17
You can listen to the show on the web here (see "listen again")

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/

Might have to wait for awhile after the shows or you get last weeks.

galleypower
2nd Aug 2007, 20:51
Hmm, I guess thats gonna be a lively discussion. Don't think there will be too many listeners for a tighter security, unless you work for such a company...
Too many have lost their expensive shampoo at the xray.

SFCC
2nd Aug 2007, 22:33
I wouldn't get too excited.
It'll just be another headlong dive into the (devil's advocate) world of Vine.
Grubby little man that he is:ugh:

niknak
2nd Aug 2007, 23:17
Anyone who has listened to Jeremy Vine's show before will know that although he often "discusses" subjects of interest, Mr Vine likes his own voice and the contribution from outside commentators and listeners themselves is extremely restricted.
The format of the show itself restricts any serious or constructive discussion as there seems to be a requirement to play 4 minutes worth of music for every 1 minute of chat.
Added to which, Mr Vinne seems to consider himself the world authority on every subject, (when he comes across as someone who knows an awful lot about very little), so I don't expect that anything of any worth will be discussed.

Matrix2055
3rd Aug 2007, 02:42
cwatters

Thank you for the link. Will get a chance to follow-up

aviate1138
3rd Aug 2007, 06:12
niknak
Agree - confrontation is not in Mr Vine's vocabulary. Sadly he lets his 'victims' off the hook every time. Or he misses vital points made by third parties. :(
Aviate 1138

A and C
3rd Aug 2007, 07:12
I have sent Mr Vine a link to the latest CHIRP (82) the reports on security and the way staff in the industry are treated could make his program more interesting!

PAXboy
3rd Aug 2007, 10:05
This programme like to say that it is 'tackling the issues of the day' but it is just the usual phone-in thing.

They strive for 'balance' and 'hear all the views' but they do not usually have deep conversations about the why's and wherefore's, just a moan about things and then they play a record. By phone-in standards, it is very low grade. If I inadvertently select Radio 2 when Vine is on, the smugness in his voice ensures that I turn it off very quickly.

maffie
3rd Aug 2007, 12:43
So far :-

Security can cup your balls when you're being searched.
And the usual stuff about 100ml bottles and 20cm x 20cm bags.

Nothing new here. Just a soft and tepid interview.

Matt

SingleLensReflex
6th Aug 2007, 22:56
Hitler only had one but I've got three.

Could be interesting!

Pax Vobiscum
7th Aug 2007, 16:05
You're not a pawnbroker, by any chance, SLR? :)