PDA

View Full Version : Admin Question HTD v Mess Charges

bayete
1st Aug 2007, 09:05
Both my wife and I are serving.
We live in a quarter 75miles from my base so I have a room in the mess.
I have been told that I should not be paying any accomodation and have a reduced meal rate.
I am paying full rate for both and admin have just pointed me in the direction of JSP 752 or someting similar to look for what I should be getting.
I can't find any reference to reduced rates.
Also should I be getting one return journey home per week?
Any help would be much apprieciated.

Rigchick
1st Aug 2007, 09:37
I can confirm what you were told.

My hubby and I are serving separated (again!). I have the MQ and he lives in the mess at the other end of the country. I pay for the MQ and he only pays a reduced (£2.75 per day I think) rate for food but definetly no accommodation charges.

We have swapped around and when I lived in due to forced seperation it was the same. He paid for the MQ and I only paid reduced food charges.

Unfortunately I don't know where the reference is but I'm sure your adminners should be able to help (!)

PPRuNeUser0211
1st Aug 2007, 09:37
If you're living in chap, what I would suggest you are looking for is Get You Home (mileage) (GYH(M)) which is designed to allow those with a privately maintained property/family some distance away from their posting to go home twice a month. It's a daily rate based on the mileage you would drive, and is a fairly decent contribution. If you're in receipt of this you shouldnt be paying accn, but will have to pay for your food. Not sure what the deal is on reduced rate, but believe that might have been pre-JPA....

Climebear
1st Aug 2007, 10:27
For travel back home you need to look at 'Get You Home Travel in JSP 752 Chap 5 Section 2

The aim of Get You Home (GYH) Travel is to support and improve retention by reducing the impact of separation on Service personnel and, where applicable, their immediate family. It achieves this by assisting Service personnel, who have the opportunity to return to their Qualifying Residence (QRes), with the costs of their travel where the duty unit and the QRes are within the same Theatre. It is paid as a daily rate.

Exemption from SLA charges is detailed in JSP 754 Chapter 9 Section 1 -form what you say you would qaulify for a waiver of charges under sub-para 09.0107n.

n. A Service Person in PStat Cat 5s/c. Married Service personnel or those registered in a civil partnership in PStat Cat 5s/c who are absent from their family home will not pay SLA charges provided their spouse or civil partner is not also living free in Service accommodation at the same time. However, when a Service couple is deployed in operational areas at the same time (for example in Northern Ireland) both individuals will be exempt. Not that Northern Ireland is an operational area anymore (from 0001 today).

I think that reduced food charges have now been withdrawn with everyone playing the same rate - could be wrong on that though.

Rigchick
1st Aug 2007, 12:09
Having done some more research, the reference for food charging can be found here: DDSPPol Allowances SP.5.1.3.1A Dated 15 March 07

But the short of it is that you should be paying £2.75 per day for food and no accommodation charges

Hope this helps

bayete
1st Aug 2007, 17:54
Thanks All,
Should give me a starting point with admin.
Rumours I hear might turn out to be true after all!!
Isn't PPRuNe wonderful:ok:
Bayete

Toxteth O'Grady
1st Aug 2007, 21:22
And don't forget your £5 daily Incidental Expenses for which you are no longer required to provide receipts. Iaw JSP 752 you can claim this in your situation.

:cool:

TOG

Toxteth O'Grady
1st Aug 2007, 21:34
Yep, sorry you're right. Not if it's his permanent duty station. My bad.

:cool:

TOG