PDA

View Full Version : PLOG, Weather and Notams all in one PDF

drauk
30th Jul 2007, 11:55
By popular request, I've finally got around to adding the facilities to http://fly.dsc.net to allow you to create a plog and have notams and weather on it, all in one A4 or A5 (kneeboard sized) PDF document. The basic procedure is to enter your plan: http://fly.dsc.net/u/Plan then click the button to "Get Notams". There you can filter your notams till they're how you want them, then click to add weather and the plog and download the whole lot as a PDF.

There are various other new features, but that's the most significant.

The "buddy" feature which allows you to find someone else to fly with is growing in popularity too.

Rod1
30th Jul 2007, 12:21
Well done, and see you at Heathrow on Thursday.

Rod1

skua
30th Jul 2007, 12:32
Hero.
Makes the AIS look 19th century....

the bald eagle
30th Jul 2007, 21:27
NICE ONE SUNSHINE!!:ok:

Fuji Abound
30th Jul 2007, 22:27
Brilliant.

Who ever is responsible for international agreements on NOTAMS and the way they are promulgated should offer you a job and a fat salary to go with it :).

drauk
31st Jul 2007, 09:53
A job? Eeek! No thank you!!!

As mentioned by Rod1, there is a posse of us going to Heathrow on Thursday to talk about all things Notam. Quite what will come out of this I don't know. My basic position is that the official site could fairly easily offer some of the facilities of my site. If they choose not to then at least they could make the source data more readily available.

172driver
31st Jul 2007, 10:01
Haven't had much time to play around with the new functionalities, but:

WELL DONE :D:D:D

DeeCee
31st Jul 2007, 10:48
Nice one! Excellent work. One question if I may; the page seems to expire quite quickly. For example, if you enter a plan and then check the map, when you go back the page has expired - even if you do it relatively quickly. Refresh works ok, but I was just curious.

DC.

drauk
31st Jul 2007, 19:31
Page expiry - are you using Internet Explorer by any chance? If so, avoid using the Back button - click the link to move back instead.

DeeCee
31st Jul 2007, 19:51
Yes on both counts! Thanks for the info. BTW, I've started planning trips all over the place - very infectious. Cheers, DC.

bcfc
1st Aug 2007, 10:19
drauk

Your site just gets better & better & better. :D

J.A.F.O.
2nd Aug 2007, 21:15
WOW!

This is incredible stuff, I am taken aback at how wonderful this is. I couldn't overstate it.

BLIMEY!

ChampChump
2nd Aug 2007, 22:27
I can't add much to the above, except further appreciation of an already super site made better still.
Thank you.

vee-tail-1
3rd Aug 2007, 16:23
:ok::ok::ok:

nadders
3rd Aug 2007, 19:37
Absolutley brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

Just about to plan my dual x country. (Don't worry, will plan it first with my crp 1) but this gives me loads of confidence when I realise that i've actually done my calculations properly.

:D:D:D

Nadders.

mark147
4th Aug 2007, 12:11
This site just gets better and better.

What I need now is a frequency list to go under the plog on the PDF. I don't know if you can get the data, but it would be great if you could generate a list of, say:

- all frequencies for departure and destination airfields
- approach/radar frequencies for any controlled airspace, MATZ or danger area on the route
- approach or LARS frequencies for airfields within 15 nm
- ATZ frequencies for airfields within 5nm
- the appropriate frequency for London Info / Scottish Info

I don't know if that's possible but regardless the site is still extremely useful - well done!

Mark

The Member
4th Aug 2007, 14:24
Well done . I have been using your web site as a back up while doing my dual and solo cross country flying. It works very well indeed.:D:D:D

G-KEST
5th Aug 2007, 16:03
Most impressed. I am, however, having difficulty in registering,,,,, is it the programme or is it me?

Cheers,

Trapper 69
:)

drauk
5th Aug 2007, 16:07
Sorry, but you're going to have give me a little more of a clue as to what happens with regard to your registering problem. Note also that you don't need to register to do anything, unless you want to store routes or have RA(T)'s emailed to you automatically.

BrianPNorman
9th Aug 2007, 17:27
Simply brilliant site. :D :D :D

Any one had any luck 'flying' a route in Google Earth. When I tried it I was always facing the direction of the first leg and not turning at each way point onto the new heading.

Crash one
30th Aug 2007, 19:18
Absolutely brilliant site. Is there any way the track line could be over laid onto the dynamic map to plot between airfields?

Bert Stiles
20th Sep 2007, 18:55
Is there any way of using Lat/Long or radial and distance to define a waypoint?

BS

jayemm
2nd Oct 2007, 12:30
This is brilliant thanks.
Disappointing however that it can't pay landing fees, make tea and knock-up a bacon sarnie as well. :ok:

bcfc
2nd Oct 2007, 12:49
...and its rubbish at turning IMC into VMC! c'mon drauk, get a grip. :}