PDA

View Full Version : B757 North American A/L

whiowhio
29th Jul 2007, 19:39
Hi
Live overlooking RAF Lyneham. Currently a North American A/L B757 there (can't see reg).
Very unusual - not seen one here before
Are they often seen in the UK?
Thanks
Whio.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
29th Jul 2007, 20:27
We see them overflying (I live near Reading, Berks) from the USA to the continent and vv. Not seen one on the floor over here tho'.

WHBM
29th Jul 2007, 20:41
You see North American 757s a lot in Ireland doing subcharters to the Med for a range of operators from Dublin and Cork whose own fleet has gone u/s.

Never found out where they come from, whether they have some base say in Germany (for they do a lot of work for the US Military) or whether they positioned over from the US (which is not really that far away). As they stage a lot through Shannon between Iraq, Germany and the US it's conceivable they also have some crews available in Ireland.

North American have an interesting background, for a while they had close involvement with El Al (believe there was some financial involvement as well) and used to operate feeder flights under El Al flight numbers within the US to connect to/from El Al 747s from JFK to Tel Aviv.

EGNT
30th Jul 2007, 12:12
Quote taken from a very large aviation forum:

"It was an RAF charter. Came thru YHZ for tech stop and crew change then departed for LYE ( Lyneham )."

Still does not answer the question but...
Seems to ave come from YYC- YHZ then onto Lyneham.

Regards, EGNT

whiowhio
30th Jul 2007, 17:45
Cheers everyone
Appreciated
Incidentally North American's website is worth looking at - some very peculiar scheduled routes!
Rod/Lyneham

EGNT
2nd Aug 2007, 12:29
Solved the mystery, Another Quote:

The NAA flight was flown for Chapman Freeborn, for UK military transport on N755NA, flying HAJ-YHZ-YYC-YHZ-LYE.

James

eastern wiseguy
3rd Aug 2007, 08:59
Had one in BFS couple of weeks ago on a ZOOM callsign....

Dan Air 87
3rd Aug 2007, 18:23
There was a NAA 757 operating into LGW a few weeks back when I was outbound to ABZ. I had to do a double take too; Check with the LHR/LGW movements site for the registration. Wonder who it was operating for?