PDA

View Full Version : Best schools South East England

birdaman
29th Jul 2007, 09:15
What recent experiences have people had with cpl(h) and FI training at schools in the south. Trying to choose a school, ideally south east England and would be greatfull for somme up to date information on quality of training thanks.

helimutt
29th Jul 2007, 09:42
South East covers a very large area and a lot of schools. There is one at Panshanger. There's schools in Kent but it depends how far you wish to commute and also cost factored in. I could tell you a couple of places to avoid down south but not on a public forum. No doubt you will have a few suggestions made here.
If you're close to Redhill, go have a chat with Dom at LHC.

birdaman
29th Jul 2007, 09:47
I am very close to Redhill done my initial trai ning there. Ill give Dom a try.

DBChopper
29th Jul 2007, 16:16
If you're close to Redhill, go have a chat with Dom at LHC.

Seconded. They are a fine bunch of chaps with a very nice fleet. My only criticism is that Dom does tend to sneak off to the cafe unseen to avoid getting the teas in...

:E

puntosaurus
29th Jul 2007, 16:49
And you always get lots of off airfield landing practice with Dom :}

helimutt
29th Jul 2007, 21:43
but at least the off airfield stuff is all good practice. :ok:

Heliport
29th Jul 2007, 22:10
The Instructors most consistently recommended in this forum over the years for CPL and FI training are (in alphabetical order):

Mike Green (Helicopter Services at Wycombe)
Leon Smith (Same as above)
Mike Smith (Heliair Wellesbourne)

I can't vouch for any of them from personal experience, but know all three of them each have many thousands of hours instructing experience.

Heliport

birdaman
30th Jul 2007, 18:06
Thank you for your replies

Helinut
30th Jul 2007, 18:36
On;ly a limited number of the schools offer CPL(H) and FI Training. I am assuming that you are looking at modular CPL(H). The number offering integrated CPL is even more limited.
Start by looking at the CAA listing by type of school.
Not all instructors can carry out CPL and FI training either.