PDA

View Full Version : Long time off training

birdaman
29th Jul 2007, 07:59
Hi I have not trained or flown for that matter fo a long time due to a complete lack of money for several reasons. I am coming back to my training with 100 hrs on r22 and can now finance the rest of my training. Problem is I have not been training properly for two years. Will this affect my chances of finding a job as an FI once I complete my training?
Thanks

Camp Freddie
29th Jul 2007, 08:46
Hi birdaman,

as someone who used to hire instructors from time to time, I am confident in saying that it will make no difference at all, if you are good enough to convince the CAA that you deserve an instructor rating, then that should be it (subject to interview and possibly a check flight before you get the job)

what will make a difference is if you are any good or not once you are hired and how you get on with the students, and if you come across as someone who is just hourbuilding because they really want to do commercial work or someone who is genuinely keen, the students can sense it, they are often very successful people.

and also are you prepared for the lifestyle?, losing all your weekends and working excessive hours for relatively low pay, and changing your plans at short notice to accomodate the flying school. because generally they will wany excessively loyalty from you, but offer none back.

but a 2 year gap in training, no one will give a damm, and why should they!

regards

CF

birdaman
29th Jul 2007, 09:11
Thanks. That is good news. I know I will be taking a big pay drop andgiving up a lot more of my time, BUT at least the time I do spend at home with the family I will not be sitting around misserable dreading going back to work.

29th Jul 2007, 18:15
Don't become an instructor. The pay is awful and the schools treat you like sh*t. Best of having a real job and flying for fun at weekends.