PDA

View Full Version : ESFC (Tatenhill) Fly-in & Display, 4th August

Fourbyfour
28th Jul 2007, 15:24
East Staffordshire Flying Club Fly-In and Display
In aid of 'The County Air Ambulance Trust'
Saturday, 4th August, 2007
Tatenhill Airfield (Burton on Trent)

I hope that I can encourage a few Ppruners to come along and join us at Tatenhill next Saturday and raise money for a good cause.

The day is open to everyone, whether arriving by air or road, with no admission or landing fees. (Donations gratefully received though!)

To the north side of the usual hard runway (1190m - 26/08) we'll have a freshly mown 500m grass strip available.

The display starts at 13:00 local and includes the HAC Spitfire Vb flown by Flt Lt Charlie Brown, Gennady Elfimov in the Yak 52, Ultimate High Extra 300 and our resident AN-2, Baltic Bear.

As well as the usual Tatenhill amenities, we've a BBQ, hog-roast, ice cream van and drinks (non-alcoholic) available during the day, as well as vintage cars, scalextric challange and helicopter trial lessons.

All we need now is some fine weather(!) and lots of visitors to join the fun.

Please PM me if you require any further information.

4B4

EGBM
30th Jul 2007, 07:53
*bump to the top*

Whirlybird
30th Jul 2007, 17:27
I'll be doing trial helicopter lessons all day, but if you go, find Staffordshire Helicopters and come and say hello, even if you don't want to fly a helicopter...though I can't imagine why you shouldn't. :) I'll be the one with long tatty blonde hair and glasses.

Tiddles
31st Jul 2007, 12:42
Won't you need to wear an Alice Band to stop your 'tatty blond hair' being caught up in the blades?! :)
I understand that there will also be a visit from a Yak 3 (Spitfire look alike) and a display from a Thruxton Jackaroo. I think the Jackaroo is a canopied version of an uprated Tiger Moth. It is one of only two remaining examples in the UK.
Should be a good day out!

Shaggy Sheep Driver
31st Jul 2007, 12:56
Presumably the airfield will be closed during the display (start 13:00). What time will it re-open for departures (I've got our group Chippy booked on Saturday, but not all day)?

SSD

Tiddles
31st Jul 2007, 13:26
Hi SSD

The Displays are NOTAM'd but I know that they have left time slots between each display to allow people to arrive and depart. The tower (124.075) will be able to advise when you arrive. It may mean hanging about for a few minutes whilst the display is completed.

Hope that helps.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
31st Jul 2007, 14:56
Thanks, Tiddles.

I'll be the one in the red Chipmunk. :)

SSD

Newark_Anagram
3rd Aug 2007, 07:26
Just a "bump" reminder of the open day at tatenhill tomorrow!

Whirlybird
3rd Aug 2007, 19:07
I'll probably be flying R22 G-CHIS, although that could change. But I'm the only female helicopter instructor there, so you might be able to recognise me. :) Do come and say hi, even if you don't want a trial lesson...though how could you not?

G-KEST
4th Aug 2007, 22:40
Just a brief thank you to all those folk involved in organising such an enjoyable day today.

The display items were excellent, especially Charlie Brown in the HAC Spitfire V and John Taylor in the UH EA300 plus cameos from the AN2 and the Jackaroo. Gennadi was Gennadi, every time I see that snap roll on takeoff my sphincter slackens. His mastery of the Yak 52 is total however the on-crowd wind did give him problems. No doubt on-crowd winds were not permitted in the Soviet Union..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The marshalling by the ATC cadets was fine and the bacon rolls delectable. I even had the last home made sausage roll which had been set aside as a reject since it was a trifle diminutive is dimensions. Absolutely delicious.

Finally that superb vintage Delage voiture just made my mouth water. What a beauty.

Hope the air ambulance will benefit as a result.

Until next year.....................???????????????????

Cheers,

Trapper 69
:)
PS - If you want another airshow act next time give me a PM.

Viola
4th Aug 2007, 22:54
Super day, super displays, super food, and even the weather, though not super, was pretty good.

comflyer
5th Aug 2007, 19:44
Also thanks to Tatenhill aviation who allowed us (EAST STAFFS FLYING CLUB) the use of the airfield to stage this event and also waved all landing charges, donated two trial flights for the raffle and worked their training flights around us.
95% of any cost incured for the displays, Spitfire etc have been covered by private donations the balance by ESFC, all the organising was carried out by our committee ( seven months in the planning) All from a small flying club with a membership of 210 at a cost of £35 per year.
It was a really enjoyable day for all of use who worked over the four days, setting up for two, show day, stripdown today and great to be able to raise money whilst having fun for the County Air Ambulance.
We have also had some good feed back from the general public who attended.

UWOT
6th Aug 2007, 06:49
Are but was it as good as the days when the Turkey Scaring Glider Eating Jet Provost V used to grace the skies around Burton on Trent.;)
Regards to all Paula,Bro,Woody,Mike & Baby Shelt.

Chief Eng
CHC Helicopters
Mozambique.:ok:

Derby Ram
31st Aug 2007, 19:23
That`s how to do it!
Superb day