PDA

View Full Version : Flybe First Officer Recruitment

WMB
28th Jul 2007, 13:46
Has anyone been contacted by Flybe this month, regarding First Officer positions.( As the announcement on their website stated) If you have been, were you a modular or intergrated student?

Flaperon75
28th Jul 2007, 15:06
I know of a fair few Cabair Integrated guys who have secured psitions with Flybe this month.

I also recently attended a seminar by Ian Cheese, TurboProp General Manager of Flybe who said that their preference for low hour pilots was integrated or modular '1 stop'

Hope that helps

Blinkz
28th Jul 2007, 15:20
Are people who are getting jobs with flybe doing it through the flybe online application system? or are they being recommeneded by the schools?

Flaperon75
28th Jul 2007, 15:23
The Cabair folk will all have been recommended. But Monsieur Cheese said that they are currently going through the 800 onilne applications they received in this latest recruitment drive and bringing people in for interview.

BlueRobin
28th Jul 2007, 17:21
Yes there has been interviews recently and some have been taken on, including one contributor to this forum who seems to be keeping quiet (but not about it elsewhere!)

He was modular.

blueskiesup
28th Jul 2007, 19:50
like a one stop modular/intergrated pilot is better than someone who does it differently.

Flaperon75
29th Jul 2007, 08:25
Ian Cheese said that they had taken a few from more varied backgrounds over the last couple of years but he said the only people who had failed the type rating course were those that had not come from 1 stop modular or integrated background. That's why they now have this preference.

Don't shoot the messenger by the way - I am only relaying what he said.

expedite08
29th Jul 2007, 08:32
Hi all,
With regard to recommendations from your FTO, how do you go about asking for this. Do you simply approach the head of training and say,' I'm making an application to Flybe, would it be possible for you to recommend me?'
Please excuse my naeviety in this!
Many thnaks :ok:

Flaperon75
29th Jul 2007, 08:57
Good question. Even as a student at an FTO that has a recommendation process, I couldn't tell you exactly how it works....

I think the Head of Training compiles reports on graduates and will send the ones that they deem suitable to the airlines that they have links with. If they agree that you seem suitable, then you are told that an interview is available if you want it. Not sure whether or not you still have to fill in the on-line application or not.

speedrestriction
29th Jul 2007, 23:31
I think the key here is that the airline will probably approach the FTO looking for recommendations.

sr

Flaperon75
30th Jul 2007, 07:10
That is correct, although with Flybe as it is a long standing relationship, the FTO forward X number of graduates every month on an ongoing basis...

WMB
30th Jul 2007, 20:10
Has anyone been called for interview, who applied through the Flybe website?

Kempus
6th Sep 2007, 12:45
Hey folks,

I applied for flybe back in June and still having heard nothing I contacted them to see what was happening and this is part of the reply I got.

"Thank you for your on line pilot application. Due to the unprecedented number of applications we have filled our recruitment requirements for the current season.

The online system will shortly be closing and will reopen on November 1st, in line with the Winter season 07/08. Information relating to this will be available on our website www.flybe.com. Please feel free to reapply at that time."

Well hope that helps others in limbo like myself!

kempus

5 RINGS
6th Sep 2007, 15:35
Kempus,

you're perfectly right my friend. I had exactly the same feedback from FlyBe's HR yesterday on the phone.

I was contacted in spring last year for an F/O interview but not lucky enough to be able to attend. Trying to catch up since then, and just updated my application...

Fortunately, I already got a job!

Wait & see...

Flying Farmer
6th Sep 2007, 16:59
Same feedback for me, I had the email two days ago.
I have to wonder what is going on, I went to the Southampton soiree back in the spring to be told by I Cheese they were looking for experienced FOs. For the record I'm Dash rated with over 700 on type and approaching 2000 hours!!
It may possibly be that I'm the wrong side of 40, but that could well be thought of as ageist. It might just be that I laughed at the starting salary, yr 0 pay scale circa 23K.
Two years ago I would have bitten their hands off for a job. Two job offers this month, one with double the salary think I might pass on them now.