PDA

View Full Version : Big Delay MAN-YYZ Zoom

Egerton Flyer
27th Jul 2007, 13:38
Hi,
A friend of mine was due out on the Z4559 flight to YYZ at 14.00 today(27Th).
The flight is now delayed until 05.00 on the 28Th, anybody got any idea as to the reason for the delay.:).
Thanks,
E.F.

A2QFI
28th Jul 2007, 12:29
Why not ask ZOOM themselves, they operate the flight? Best idea is either aircraft unserviceability, crew sickness or crew out of crew duty time.

GW76
28th Jul 2007, 15:24
Theres always a smart @rse isnt there ?:= Have you ever tried to get the full truth on delays from an operating airline...? Seems reasonable to get more information from insiders here.Some details
http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=99154925&airlineCode=Z4&flightNumber=559&departureDate=2007-07-27

A2QFI
28th Jul 2007, 17:13
Well at least as smart as you and lot less rude! If you can't contact the airline then it is either an aircraft fault or a crewing problem, if it isn't weather. If your flight is delayed does it matter WHY?

Albert Square
29th Jul 2007, 21:33
Well, he only asked! I would have been interested as well.

A2QFI
30th Jul 2007, 14:52
It is not rocket science! If your flight is delayed would you ring the bus company? Probably not! Speak to the people who are operating the flight. If they won't give you a straight answer you aren't going to get one from anyone else. Does it matter if it is delayed because the toilets are blocked, or one engine needs a FOD check? It IS delayed and that's it!

Egerton Flyer
5th Aug 2007, 18:53
A2QFI, thanks for all your help.:eek:
I was expecting a little flak following my request for info, we did try to contact the airline with no luck, however I thought someone might take pity and share the reason behind the delay.
No I get some jumped up :mad: who thinks I was born yesterday and not only that he likes to give stick and not receive it:ugh:
I would have thought a person of your age and experience would have replied slightly differently.:=
Sad world init......
Egerton Flyer