PDA

View Full Version : Britain almost out of Troops- leaked secret memo

stickmonkeytamer
26th Jul 2007, 23:51
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/20/ntroops121.xml

At least, if the higherarchy are admitting it, we should hope something should be done, finally...

Seemingly, it had handwriting from a certain highranking PSO on it... I hope his boss does not find out! :=

SMT

aspinwing
27th Jul 2007, 01:51
"More needed to be done on housing and pay in order to retained troops because "people are more likely to stay if we look after them properly"." (my emphasis) :ugh:
Now there is a novel idea.:{

OCCWMF
27th Jul 2007, 07:52
Also mentioned in 'Secret Plan to remove Quarters'

orgASMic
27th Jul 2007, 08:16
From a very reliable source, CGS has let it be known that he intends to find the leak (the memo was on restricted circulation - should not be too difficult) and plug it where the sun don't shine (my words).:=

Wader2
27th Jul 2007, 09:50
plug it where the sun don't shine (my words).:=

This help?

http://f2.org/humour/songs/crs.html

Report Line
27th Jul 2007, 19:42
If the CGS hasn't got the *** to come out with the Gen - at least one of his staff has decided the point has to be made.

This should be applauded.

Now lock him up!

SaddamsLoveChild
28th Jul 2007, 08:05
If only the defence chiefs could speak without fear of persecution by politicians. They do their best to voice their concerns behind closed doors I am sure, but know, that it is just suicide. In the days of George Robertson when the senior staffs gave him the bad news about morale and underfunding etc, he just asked them who they would recommend to replace them!!

However we havent heard a peep out of Brown regarding 'defence' as he continues labours presidency over unwanted and unwarranted conflict and the senseless waste of servicemen and women whilst housing immigrants and pandering to the Chav society.

Personally I applaud General Richard and just wish that for once interservice rivalries could be put aside and the senior staffs speak out publicly en masse and refuse to leave office until Her Majesty tells them to go.:D Go on Sir's take one for team jointery and fight for more funding to stop the rot that has so effectively set in.