PDA

View Full Version : Printing Jeppesen charts

Gulfstreamaviator
24th Jul 2007, 13:16
when an on line printer is not available.

I remember a similar thread some time ago.

Is there not yet a facility in JepView to print to a chip.

How many of us are working in a hotel, and do not carry a printer with us.

The ability to print to the chip is ideal.

I have tried PDF factory, it is very good, but some lext is very large font, and blocks the rest of the data.

Ideas please guys.

Glf

IO540
24th Jul 2007, 14:56
The font issue is a known problem.

In your PDF writer you need to configure "download ALL fonts". Not all PDF writers can be thus configured; I have a freebie one (NovaPDF I think) which can't do this and I had to pay up for the full version to get that option. In the end, Adobe PDF writer and NovaPDF produce similar size files; with the latter being a bit bigger.

If you have Micro$oft Orifice 2003 or later, you should also have a printer called "MDI writer" or similar. This writes out an .mdi file which can be viewed in Orifice (and not much else).

Then there are various printer drivers which can produce image files e.g. TIF. I believe the current version of PrintNow can do that, but there are quite a few of them.

Gulfstreamaviator
25th Jul 2007, 06:21
a device to create a "virtual printer". I will try to reload PDF factory, and see if there is an option to down load all fonts. This is a very light weith app, and much easier to use than the full adobe app.

More news soon.
glf

green granite
25th Jul 2007, 06:39
Perhaps on of the programs here are worth experimenting with?

http://www.newfreedownloads.com/find/virtual-printer.html

JBGA
26th Jul 2007, 12:54
PDF995 does a good job of accurately replicating the original document without distortion of fonts.