PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook (Office 2007) 'freezing' during send and receive

Wiley
24th Jul 2007, 07:21
My computer 'locks up' whenever Outlook sends or receives an email and comes good gain after the rx/tx is complete. I understand that this is a glitch with Office 2007, as other people have told me the same thing happens on their computers.

Does anyone know if there's a fix out there for this problem?

All Ahead Full
24th Jul 2007, 11:13
i take it you have checked the office web site for updates, as I recently installed Office 2007, and updated it, and as I recall there were serveral updates available

Wiley
24th Jul 2007, 14:45
Yep, all Office updates installed.

A friend who's deeply into these things tells me he's having the same problems and was unable to find an answer anywhere in the Microsoft Help area.

I thought someone in the brains trust that is Pprune might know of an answer.

Saab Dastard
24th Jul 2007, 16:23
Avoid Office 2007?

Sorry - I am still totally happy with Office 2002 (XP), and I actually lag behind the rest of my work colleagues here - they all use 2003. :O

SD

Pontius Navigator
25th Jul 2007, 21:10
Best bit I like about Office 2007 is Outlook and I have had no problems with any module on a Windows XP Home machine.

mini
27th Jul 2007, 23:54
If Office 2007 is of the same quality standard as Vista then it should be avoided like the Plague.

We have recentely introduced some Vista equiped laptops and they have caused serious downtime.

XP Pro & Office 2003 are the best bet at the moment.

Glad MS don't make aircraft... :sad:

Pontius Navigator
28th Jul 2007, 06:34
If Office 2007 is of the same quality standard as Vista then it should be avoided like the Plague.

XP Pro & Office 2003 are the best bet at the moment.
Glad MS don't make aircraft... :sad:

A doubtful assumption and an ilogical conclusion.

Your conclusion would be true if your assumption was true. IMHO your assumption is not true therefore your conclusion is questionable if not wrong.

Sorry.

Basil
29th Jul 2007, 08:04
Bit of a nuisance that .docx is not backwards compatible so if you send an attachment to someone who doesn't have the compatibility fix they can't read it and may indeed think your file is corrupt or a virus.

Pontius , there's been a great deal of negative comment about Vista cf XP - have you any experience which would contradict?

Not, perchance, ex Argosy?

Pontius Navigator
29th Jul 2007, 09:04
Basil, I am not refering to Vista cf XP but to Office 2007 and XP. IMHO there is no problem.

As for backwards compatibility in 2007 to earlier versions I accidentally sent a docx to work which is on 2000. I got a popup offering a Microsoft conversion utility. Because of restrictions it was easier to resend the next day but it looks as if that issue may have been addressed.