PDA

View Full Version : Strapless F16 Video

Tombstone
23rd Jul 2007, 22:22
Sorry to hassle you folks however,

I'm looking for a video that was on here a month or so back. It showed an F16 rolling inverted with pax falling against the canopy, discovering that his straps were not locked.

Hilarious but elusive, anyone know how I can find it on here!

Much appreciated in advance.

Right Stuff
23rd Jul 2007, 23:59
Search for 'Thunderbird Solo' on youtube. Enjoy

maxdrypower
24th Jul 2007, 10:11
This is the one , right at the end , tee hee
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vfNrD0sBzUw

BluntM8
24th Jul 2007, 11:17
How many loose articles fall into the canopy during that video!

Shocking!

Blunty

Barkly1992
24th Jul 2007, 12:21
I was about to say the the same thing -I haven't done much aerobatics but I was taught a HASEL check which included a check for lose items.

The last thing you want is someone's left overs punching a hole in the canopy.

Emmmmmm. and this is the Thunderbirds!

:*

Tombstone
24th Jul 2007, 16:34
Thanks gents, much appreciated.

con-pilot
24th Jul 2007, 20:40
How many loose articles fall into the canopy during that video!

Looks like one was a sandwich and then later a banana peel. Them aerobatics make ya hungry.

On the inverted pass after he rolls inverted and a multitude of junk falls on the canopy it looks like he gives the finger to his wingman. A setup perhaps.

(Not too bad of flying, inverted that low and giving the finger to his wingman during an airshow. :p)

BOAC
24th Jul 2007, 21:37
Well, T'bird or not, I would not wish to be within 200ft of that a/c with all that loose crud around the floor. Very poor standard of maintenance.

Background Noise
24th Jul 2007, 21:40
Its not necessarily all from the same flight but most of it appears to be his own crud. I can't believe you would need to fly close form aeros with a checklist strapped (or not) to your knee.

betty swallox
24th Jul 2007, 21:46
Background Noise...
those pilot chaps do strap more than just a checklist to themselves...maybe a map, approach plates, etc. maybe the poor fella had to nav his way to the airfield....There's not too much space in those FJ cockpits. And velcro can give way from time to time, heaven forbid, and flight books can dislodge from them there pockets. Its not a perfect world...

Background Noise
2nd Aug 2007, 13:05
betty - see my profile, I am aware of FJ cockpits, and I've done it stateside. Main point was in answer to BOAC - I don't think its down to poor maintenance.

UnderPowered
2nd Aug 2007, 16:46
You're a QFI!! All credibility lost!