PDA

View Full Version : Job Experience

christhevan
23rd Jul 2007, 19:34
Would no job experience effect the chances of getting a job after going to an intergrated school?

Cheers,
Chris :}

cortilla
23rd Jul 2007, 19:45
I personally would say yes. Just because working teaches you alot of things. But enough people would say that they got a job straight after an integrated course at the age of 18/19.

I think it's really dependant on the market at the time that you apply.

If the market is healthy and they're gagging for pilots ( a situation we may be headed for and were in in the mid to late 90's) then they'll take you whatever.

If the job market is weak, then you'll have to have something on your CV to make you interesting to an interviewer. Work history is one of the many things that they may look at. I believe it shows you've got some personal skills and also makes interviews easier.

Every job i've ever had has taught me something and it's made the interviews for every job afterwards easier and easier.

Granted i'm not flying at the moment (but i should be soon hopefully), but i still believe it holds true in every industry.

Founder
23rd Jul 2007, 21:23
I think the chanse of getting a job straight after an integrated training is very low. If you don't go for a type-rating afterwards I think that you are going to find youreslf as one of many thousands of pilots with 200 hours, frozen ATPL, CPL and without a job...

christhevan
26th Jul 2007, 12:49
Sorry for the late reply...

Thanks for the info.. food for thought... :)

Chris..

R T Jones
26th Jul 2007, 16:47
Just to add my own experience, I finished my A-Levels last summer and decided to take a gap year to asses my options. It was either university or flight training but not both. Worked at Stansted airport as a baggage handler to get some working knowledge of an airport and see if I could handle getting up at 4am on a regular basis! The year working has been really good, defiantly given me time to mature and see what the world of work is like. No comparison to going to school, what an easy lift that is! Being 18/19 does not necessarily work against you; however, my own feelings are that I am much more mature at 19 than I was at 18, even though it’s only a year. A year at this age is a lot remember! I’m flying out to NZ with CTC in November and feel the year I took out played a good part in giving me this amazing opportunity. Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions! More than happy to help :}