PDA

View Full Version : Surprise 50th Birthday present! A Lightning trip!

Snapshot
23rd Jul 2007, 13:03
Apologies if this has been posted but thought a great vid compared to many!
Knowing youre getting a Lightning trip is one thing but NOT knowing you were
going to do it until you got there is another! :oh:
Just awesome!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0tzZDC3cY8A
On a serious note, if anyone is thinking of taking a trip with Thunder City in Cape Town, PM
me as have accom there where the Frighting and Buccs often fly over during trips
so you can wave at the family as you play!! ;)

eagle 86
23rd Jul 2007, 13:11
Yes - had a surprise 50th in Oz last year that ended with the Strikemaster in a smoking hole!
GAGS
E86

A2QFI
23rd Jul 2007, 13:47
Great video and a dishy Mother too! Comments suggest the music, some of it at least, was from Top Gun, can anyone one help? I liked the first 4 minutes and it sounded to my cloth ears like Brian May from Queen, anybody else got a view please?

Groundgripper
23rd Jul 2007, 15:34
It sounded like the original music from the film, starting with the main theme by Harold Faltermeyer, then Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.

Strange, I could have sworn I had a CD of the film music - not the sort of thing I would have thought my son had borrowed!

BAe hijacked the music to go with the video on their Paris Airshow stand shortly after the film came out - we got lots of complaints from all the stands within a hundred yards, something to do with the 100 watt speakers we were using!

GG

John Eacott
24th Jul 2007, 00:38
Anyone know emachizit? Needless to say, the website has everything but cost :rolleyes:

BEagle
24th Jul 2007, 06:27
First 4 minutes is 'Top Gun Anthem' by Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens, remainder is 'Danger Zone' by Kenny Loggins.

Both from the Top Gun soundtrack CD.

I recall BWoS wasting everyone's time one Farnborough in the mid-80s whilst they slowly brought 4 aircraft down the taxiway to the badly distorted strains of Chariots of Fire. The display wasn't much to write home about either!

GeeRam
24th Jul 2007, 07:20
Knowing youre getting a Lightning trip is one thing but NOT knowing you were
going to do it until you got there is another!

I find that strange, as Mike Beachyhead's Thunder City has the ONLY flying Lightnings on the planet, it kind of narrows the location down a bit.......:rolleyes:

Anyone know emachizit? Needless to say, the website has everything but cost

From a recent full page add in a UK mag it showed a Hunter trip is £4000, a Buccaneer is £8000 and the Frightning is a frightning £10,000.

Snapshot
24th Jul 2007, 08:31
Geeram,
if you were aged between 30-70, Male and involved in aviation and had dreamed of a Frightning flight for years, yes perhaps you might have an idea as you approached CPT airport!
Or (as you can see that the people in the video are our US cousins) could simply be on holiday in Cape Town and the 'Mother' could think she was off to Durban as she arrived at CPT airport? :ugh:
However the most obvious point is... She is a 50 year old woman!
So I think my original point about NOT knowing you were going to take a trip
is valid!
I did consider her comment about not knowing what she was doing was for the video, however, she looks very genuine in her presentation! :)

GeeRam
24th Jul 2007, 12:31
Geeram,
if you were aged between 30-70, Male and involved in aviation and had dreamed of a Frightning flight for years, yes perhaps you might have an idea as you approached CPT airport!
Or (as you can see that the people in the video are our US cousins) could simply be on holiday in Cape Town and the 'Mother' could think she was off to Durban as she arrived at CPT airport?
However the most obvious point is... She is a 50 year old woman!
So I think my original point about NOT knowing you were going to take a trip
is valid!

Well I was going by what you wrote.....which did say, knew about a flight in a Lightning, but not where.......

Which still seems odd, as it must have been clear exactly where.....whereas instead I could have understood if you had wrote 'not realise the implications of exactly what IN.....

As I recall, in t'good old days, didn't females initiated into the 'Ten Ton Club' get some sort of certificate or something.........can't have been many of them around....?

Bluejay
25th Jul 2007, 08:25
GeeRam I think you should re-read the first post,

"Knowing youre getting a Lightning trip is one thing but NOT knowing you were
going to do it until you got there is another!"