PDA

View Full Version : BA Planned meltdown!

apaddyinuk
21st Jul 2007, 20:58
Now I am very sorry for creating what many will consider a "BA Bashing post" however as an employee I find that there is something I must share with our customers.

In a recent forum for crew to express their concerns and frustrations to management one crew member explained to our Manager of Inflight Service Mr STS about how we crew find themselves apologising more and more to mishandled passengers for anything and everything from Lost luggage, broken seats and IFE systems, delays, technical problems etc etc.

The response from the manager......

"Originally Posted by Simon Talling-Smith...

I know that you are spending a lot of time apologising and I thank and admire you all for that. Our cabin crew's ability to recover mishandled customers is one of BA's great strengths and it looks like we are going to be drawing on that strength over the summer"

Am I the only one who senses alarm bells here. I for one am appalled by my own managements attitude!

Edited on the 22nd to correct appalling grammer....I do apologise...I was just in from work and exhausted!!!!

Hotel Tango
22nd Jul 2007, 00:04
Blimey! I didn't know my line manager worked for BA too! No, wait a minute, it's a different name. Must have gone to the same business school then!

PAXboy
22nd Jul 2007, 00:36
Thanks to apaddyinuk for maintaining honesty. Yes, it must have been shocking to hear that.

The person may, perhaps, have been helping you to understand what is coming down the track? Not knowing (or wishing to know!) the mgmt structure this person may simply have to swallow what he is being fed?

Certainly, there are enough indications from different places to say that BA has cut a corner too far. The run down of services prior to T5 with all the effort being directed to that, is obviously short sighted. They reckon that it will all be luvverly once they get into their new palace but, what will be left of their customer base ...?

manintheback
22nd Jul 2007, 13:42
Strip out every cost, wait for a fool to buy it (BAA and Ferovial any one?)

apaddyinuk
22nd Jul 2007, 16:03
Well I suppose the road to T5 will be paved with gold, with a giant and permanent Rainbow over it and bunny rabbits running around the terminal playing with the brightly coloured birds who are tooting little tunes!!!! :ugh:

PAXboy
22nd Jul 2007, 22:46
In an article in The Indy on Saturday, BA were warning of more problems at Heathrow but shifting blame onto BAA. They have extended interconnect times from 60 to 75 minutes - within the same terminal.

Financial pages of The Indy on Sunday report that BA is doing nicely once again and looking to restore the dividend.

Manxman11
24th Jul 2007, 14:52
apaddyinuk

That sums up BA's attitude which is leading me to choose other carriers wherever possible. I have been a loyal business and leisure customer for 30 years and I'm afraid BA's continual cutting of frills and corners, along with pathetic customer service at LHR, is rapidly making me a former customer.

Its a shame because there was a time when BA was in my mind unrivalled, and Club (both Europe and World) were worth their money.

The only thing that keeps me occasionally flying BA now is the service on board - your colleagues do make a difference. As soon as that goodwill goes (and seeing the way wee Willie seems to want to go I can't blame you at all) then its bye bye BA for me permanently. :(

slim_slag
24th Jul 2007, 16:12
BA Planned MeltdownAre they even capable of planning that?

Nachtling
24th Jul 2007, 22:52
The only thing that keeps me occasionally flying BA now is the service on board - your colleagues do make a difference. As soon as that goodwill goes (and seeing the way wee Willie seems to want to go I can't blame you at all) then its bye bye BA for me permanently.
QFT. BA is one of the few companies where cabin crew is still lovely and helpful, every time.