PDA

View Full Version : Getting DGCA computer number

spedfast
21st Jul 2007, 17:10
Hi,
Would greatly appreciate if anyone could offer some help on this.
What is the procedure to get the computer number from DGCA when one is undergoing training abroad?
Am I elgibile to apply if I have logged>50 hours?
cheers
Sidhartha

divinesoul
22nd Jul 2007, 06:51
Read this

http://www.dgca.nic.in/admit/instr.pdf

And download the application for comp no from DGCA website.In the form write Not Applicable in the rows 11 and 9.

cheers.

spedfast
23rd Jul 2007, 10:20
A few gold nuggets may only be good enough to get me past the gate keepers mate! Will probably need Santa Clause's help to get any work done with the babus.

Thanks a lot for the advise. Just a quick one for you. On the Computer number application form, theres a box which needs a signature from CFI/Gazetted officer etc.

Will my foreign school's CFI's attestation do, or will I need the stamp of a gazetted officer there.
cheers

haree
24th Jul 2007, 11:01
CFI / Gazzetted officer is specific to india. Sorry buddy but you'd have to come down to india for that :(

Burn'em and Turn'em
25th Jul 2007, 02:27
So that probably means you will have to grease some palms :)

ayush konisetty
13th Sep 2009, 00:45
Hello Everyone

What are the required documents to be taken from the school before applying for the computer number? and previously written by "divinesoul" to put NOT APPLICABLE in coloums 9 and 11 are you sure about it?

Thank You

pa_747
28th Mar 2011, 23:43
Hi everyone,
I just realised my first name has been misspelled on the DGCA mark sheet. Does anyone know how to go about getting it corrected? Tried to call them a zillion times today, no answer (no surprise).
I was going to submit my CPL conversion application tomorrow. Is it a good idea to still go ahead and submit it, considering the current scenario. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am kindda in a time crunch here (Recency coming up in a month).

bayblade
29th Mar 2011, 04:34
you should go and meet them in delhi. thats the only way i see out.