PDA

View Full Version : where to go from barton?

david.g
19th Jul 2007, 00:11
Hi guys,

Recently qualified ppl holder looking for some ideas for short trips out from Barton in a c150, not too good for touring!

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Blackshift
19th Jul 2007, 03:21
Caernarfon, on the NE coast of wales is a spectacular destination within easy reach of Barton.

gingernut
19th Jul 2007, 06:33
Tattenhill's a nice trip.

Oek1r
19th Jul 2007, 07:29
Kirkbride...........This Sunday. It will take about an Hour and you route over the top of some of the best england can offer.

Cosford - South 90miles ish
Welshpool - South 60 mils ish
Crosslandmoor - NE 25 miles ish.

:)

ShyTorque
19th Jul 2007, 08:19
Best trip out of Barton is a long one :E

Have they got the cafe up and running yet?

bigelz1215
19th Jul 2007, 08:27
sherburn - about an hour - good canteen :)

Tiger_mate
19th Jul 2007, 09:26
Shobden or Carlisle for bacon butties...mmmmmmmmm........

maxdrypower
19th Jul 2007, 09:57
yep Cafe at Barton has been up and running for some time now , same people that ran it for LAC only difference is the clubhouse is now leased by RVR . All the old LAC peopel are still kicking about as is the flying school.
David G File a flight plan and a GAR get some lifejackets and fly across the sea to Andreas in the IOM , good experience and takes roughly an hour

david.g
19th Jul 2007, 11:12
cheers for the replies, so far I've done Welshpool and Gloucestershire, but theres definately some good ideas to go at there so thanks!

davidatter708
19th Jul 2007, 17:10
If you want summin a bit further Leicester I did it the oposite way round when training in a c152 as my sister lives in hulme which reminds me i need to go up soon
Dave

Pilotdom
19th Jul 2007, 23:51
Yep come over to sherburn, plenty of runways, so nearly always into wind and a nice cafe. I could meet you for a drink if the timings work-out. Pm me if you want any info about sherburn etc. Dom

DX Wombat
20th Jul 2007, 01:13
Caernarfon, on the NE coast of wales :confused::confused::confused:
Which chart are you using? Caernarfon is on the West Coast of Wales - or at least it was when I looked yesterday afternoon. :hmm:

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
20th Jul 2007, 13:34
Isn't the North East coast Offa's Dyke?

pumper_bob
20th Jul 2007, 18:16
Nice friendly field on the north side of Morecamb bay. Phone first as lots of meat bombing takes place there. Stunning scenery if you go north over the lakes.

Blackshift
29th Jul 2007, 12:46
DX W, G B Z
Doh!!! :ugh:

J.A.F.O.
29th Jul 2007, 12:58
When I first got the idea of venturing out of the local area I drew half hour circles on my map; so how far you can get in 30, 60, 90 minutes and so on and then - depending on how much time I had available I could pick places that lay within that circle and give it a try.

Just an idea.

EGBM
30th Jul 2007, 07:50
Another vote for Tatenhill just for a weekend visit to Margaret's (well, ESFC's) cafe, but I have to admit to being biased.:rolleyes:

Also with plenty of runways and a lovely cafe is Halfpenny Green, also known as Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green, formerly Wolverhampton Business Airport, yadda yadda. Very welcoming and a tenner landing fee.

Sleap - also a good selection of runways and again nice facilities. Stays open late (inc fuelling) on Thursdays I believe.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip(s). :ok: