PDA

View Full Version : Chc Contract Captains £720 A Day?

Jigsaw
18th Jul 2007, 07:00
CHC are about to announce that contract North Sea Captains will be recruited on a staggering £720 a day contract rate. :D
Rumour or true? :E

RVDT
18th Jul 2007, 09:48
For an 8 hour day thats only 90 pooond an hour man!

How do they get out of bed?

I'll stick to my 10 thoosend poond an hour thanks!

Brilliant Stuff
18th Jul 2007, 17:30
Well if you keep sacking your work force no wonder you need to employ contractors which are probably those people who got the sack in the first place.:E

northseaspray
18th Jul 2007, 23:11
Staggering for the UK perhaps but it has been the norm in Scandinavia for some time in fact it is around £800 in Norway.Today 07:00

Just for the record, CHC Helikopter Service doesn't sign on contractors, however extra days are compensated with 920£ ++ for captains.

MamaPut
19th Jul 2007, 12:04
Maybe that's why they still have problems in Nigeria where, despite lousy housing, armed convoys to work and night curfew, they're only offering $Canadian 700 per day. Even after paying taxes in Europe it seems you'd be much better off and still living and working in relative safety :sad:

SARowl
20th Jul 2007, 12:56
Good money, but it is a "hire 'em and fire 'em" job with no pension, no security, no long term prospects, no work in the winter, a short notice cr@p roster...

MamaPut
20th Jul 2007, 14:04
If you think that the equivalent of £326 per day for working in in Nigeria is 'not too shabby' compared with £720 per day for working in the North Sea (even with UK tax, that should still be worth at least £420), then you should be in CHC management (maybe you are :yuk:). The money is paid gross, but whether there's any tax is dependent entirely on your nationality and where you reside :{

helifixer
20th Jul 2007, 15:55
I hear that the engineers are getting paid more than the pilots. And so they should! Well done engineers! There are becoming less and less of us. "Name your price" shall be ringing alarm bells even louder over the next few years.

northseaspray
20th Jul 2007, 19:25
You guys are suspicious!!! No I’m not management but compared to a lot of people that’s a good wage! And yes Nigeria is not a great place, and yes you should be paid more bla bla!:rolleyes:

Compared to what people, Northsea pilots or Wal Mart workers?

Btw, in our end of the Northsea, the word "cowboy" has never been used to describe someone that shows excellent judgement and skills in the aviation business....

Noordzee Cowboy
21st Jul 2007, 08:29
Depends how sharp your spurs are!!!!:O

Swamp76
21st Jul 2007, 09:06
For the majority of us, who cannot work in the North Sea, the comparison is a little different.

etienne t boy
21st Jul 2007, 09:20
Nothing to do with spurs, they tend to get caught on things and puncture the floats if you ditch. northseaspray's right, it's normally used to denote a person who is unscrupulous and unqualified in business, especially cowboy builders. It's also taken to mean a reckless person, such as a driver, pilot, or manager, who ignores potential risks.

However, in your case we'll take it as meaning you're really sharp and make a jangly noise as you walk around :E:ok:

etienne t boy
21st Jul 2007, 21:08
NSC
If your previous posts and your personal profile are anything to go by I very much doubt it :yuk:. Maybe you should remember that whilst everyone likes a bit of ass, nobody likes a smart ars* :\