PDA

View Full Version : Briton opened aircraft door in 'air rage' attack

lc_aerobatics
17th Jul 2007, 12:29
http://www.thelocal.se/7917/20070717/

:ugh:

Double Zero
17th Jul 2007, 18:28
So if this chap has a clean record, the inference is maybe his drink or whatever may have been 'spiked' ?

If that is the case, and I guess maybe a chat with his own doctor may prove or disprove his innocence, it seems a bit harsh to stick him with a big fine & prison ...

A question for the local police might be, any previous instances there ? If it was a 'spiking' incident, it seems a fair guess it was with sinister intentions - drugrape doesn't only happen to women...

Neo_RS14
17th Jul 2007, 20:35
I think they were implying that the drug found in his system was a by-product of taking some sort of drug to ween him off heroin or something similar...so I'm guessing maybe he's a recovering 'smack' addict?

Either way, that was truly bizarre behaviour, and it definilty needs to be addressed appropriately...What if he'd of begun his 'antics' during take-off?

Double Zero
17th Jul 2007, 20:52
As it mentions he had no previous convictions, he must have been a very good druggie !

That's what leads me to think he was spiked...yes bizarre behaviour, I should think I'd be pretty odd too if I took something like that, by accident or otherwise ( no experience of such things I add ! ) - the fact that he remembers nothing & appears shocked says a lot - this is what I've heard of date-rape drugs...

Not too sure about the oh so predictable " could have caused an explosion "...a bit of a surge maybe, and the slide would be a sod to repack, especially if it HAD been re-formatted by going through the engine.

Something about this leads me to guess from my comfy chair there's more to it than the average smashed tattooed tourist.

Neo_RS14
17th Jul 2007, 22:37
I certainly see your angle on the possible 'spiking', but it sounds like prescription stuff by the way it was written.

But yes, it really does sound odd...definitly more to it I agree....the fact he can't remember, pffff...is just something nobody can prove otherwise, and I imagine thats why he's just sticking to that story (might lower the sentence??), cos he's probably aware of how downright stupid and unforgiveable his behaviour was.

Luke0705
19th Jul 2007, 22:23
Dont mean to go off topic,

But That Article really Advertised the slides well !

"they could have blown into the engine and Caused an Explosion" :bored:

Highly unlikeley! the slides Are attached to the aircraft,(Correct me if im Wrong?).

I think maybe the Swedish Law would be a bit harsh To Imprissen Him!

Neo_RS14
21st Jul 2007, 20:53
Yeh I agree with you regarding the slides.

But if you think of that behaviour had you witnessed it yourself, trying to get into the cockpit etc. They've got to make examples of these people, as this sort of behaviour on aircraft cannot be condoned.

Luke0705
21st Jul 2007, 21:16
Yes I suppose But if it Does Show that he has Been ' not In control of His Actions' Then i beleive He should not have to pay a fine Let alone a Jail Sentence.

:confused:

Neo_RS14
22nd Jul 2007, 18:56
I quite agree. But ascertaining whether or not he was in control or not, is going to be the difficult part.

Luke0705
22nd Jul 2007, 19:19
I Know, But i suppose courts Deal With this Situation quite often Just on a Smaller scale.