PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Recruitment

@v8ter
16th Jul 2007, 19:18
Hey just a quick question regarding Aer Lingus,, dose anyone have any up-to-date information on the recruitment process ? Was wondering if they would consider a brand spanky new fATPL with a self funded A-320 rating or do they prefer to type rate the pilots themselves ? Maybe some of the new joiners can shed light on the subject for me !!! Also dose anyone know where they are trained ? Do they have there own sim or are they sent elsewhere ? Cheers in advance @V :ok:

Founder
16th Jul 2007, 20:21
I'm also very interested in that information =)

Pstatic
16th Jul 2007, 21:01
General information regarding Aer Lingus is that they took on some guys a few months ago. The rest who spend time and money going to the assesments were told that they had no training slots left for the rest of the year. They are extremely easy going and unserious regarding their recruitment and tend to make a joke out of pilots. Calling them for interviews with short notice, then cancelling and leaving people who passed the assesments stranded. So dont go for it unless you really really want to!!!
Just for five cents and bitter memories:*

Blinkz
16th Jul 2007, 21:18
that seems a little harsh to Aer Lingus. I applied to them in march and was selected for interview. I had to pay for the hotel but Aer Lingus flew me over. After that they paid for both the flights and hotels on my next 2 visits (for the tests and then the sim check) All in all I went over to Dublin three times in a week to get all of the selection done. I unfortunately was just a little too late an d missed the last TR course.

It then took them 2 months to figure out what was happening with the rest of us. I then found out that I was in the priority hold pool.

I think there a great airline. Everyone there is really friendly. I also have quite a few friends who are now online with them (having started in March) and they have nothing but good things to say about the airline. Great T&Cs and a friendly airline.

I'm now in the pool with around 20 people in it, waiting to hear from them when they figure out their next Training dates. I've heard this will be in the Autumn so not *too* long to wait.

For those of you asking who they take, it seems that low hours they generally want integrated, either Oxford or FTE. Not sure about the self funded TR.