PDA

View Full Version : Batavia Air Cadetship

PK-KAR
14th Jul 2007, 04:48
Fellas,

Would a cadetship program be worth for one to join with:
1. 16.5 years working period
2. US$150,000 training bond (non-reduceable... enforceable throughout #1).
3. Plus disloyalty fines above #1 & #2 should you leave early (amount NOT DISCLOSED)

This is for guys <23 and they're also promised captaincy after age of 28...

While it all sounds fine and well, the 16.5yrs and 150,000 bothers me, since the airline does have the tendency to milk out its own people that when their contract expires they'd just go and look for someone who'll pay them more for less hours... 120hrs planned, 140hrs actual and told to report 90hrs isn't uncommon in this carrier...

Whaddya think of this programme? A good way for one to go with or is the same as selling oneself to the devil... A lot of those who joined are the ones who cannot afford training themselves, or are "placed there" by their friends in the company...

I am somehow glad I didn't force my friend to go on that program somehow...

PK-KAR

Left Wing
14th Jul 2007, 10:00
Has Batavia mentioned this on their web site....Pls share more info on this thks.

PK-KAR
14th Jul 2007, 19:46
Leftie...
Try: http://www.batavia-air.co.id/career.php
It's in Indo lingo only though...
No online literature on the conditions on signing up though...

PK-KAR

Left Wing
15th Jul 2007, 02:16
thks a lot for this; is Batavia planning use a local flt school ? or send pilots to intl schools...

thks mate.

PK-KAR
15th Jul 2007, 07:12
Leftie...

The plans that's circulating is to use Batavia's own flying school "Aeroflyer" co-located at the national flying academy at Curug just south of the main airport and Batavia's own simulators just off the main airport.

Just wondering if the conditions set forth by the company for the cadets are outrageous, or normal... or a salty smell lurks around the deal...

PK-KAR

Left Wing
16th Jul 2007, 09:20
Batavia's own simulators ....... you mean that pile of junk 737-200 ??????:=:=

ZFT
16th Jul 2007, 09:28
When AF owned it, it was an excellent device. Mind you, if it was actually fully paid for, the installation and upgrade might get completed!!!

PK-KAR
16th Jul 2007, 15:45
Leftie,
LOL!!!!
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN! Tried that box myself a while back, let's just say... "I concurr"... (and so would many others who'd wish there's a better run 732 sim around). Gotta love how heavy the A/P paddles are that sometimes U need to move them with BOTH hands... but a little resistance on the yoke was enough to d/c the A/P... (20lbs of force??? Morelike 5lbs resistance was enough)... So much for fidelity huh?

They got a 733 sim too... Dunno how that is as I haven't tried it yet.

PK-KAR

Left Wing
17th Jul 2007, 03:22
no clue where that airline is headed...with such a poor training center and quality...

have you seen the Lion air center comming up next to it.....a big blue unmarked gate hides it all..... ready to throw all airlines into the dump ...

happydriver
17th Jul 2007, 05:54
PK-KAR

I always enjoy reading your posts in regards to the aviation industry in indo...brings back memories of a previous life.

I reckon your on the money....to commit 16.5 years of your life to an airline is way too long....and i dont know how much their paying but could you possibly save 150k USD in less than 10yrs to bail out if things going pear shaped?

HD:ok:

PK-KAR
17th Jul 2007, 10:56
Leftie,
No clue? Try something along the lines of this topic... It may very well happen here... http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283450
Or the seemingly endless MAFA discussions... Should the negatives be true (and this is not the place to discuss it), it's not hard to guess where all of this is heading.

Lion Training Center... *again... bangs head on table*... Try and ask a hard question out of their F/A Manuals... and you get a "uuuuhm..... am I supposed to know that?" Though the majority ain't that bad, only a small minority are up to the right standards that require no retraining when joining another airline, and a significant minority having to be put under line duty review with a cabin instructor on a regular basis after joining another airline.

What goes on behind the gates? PM for exchange of rumours? *grin*

Well, rumours have it that a -9GP almost got pranged the other wing... albeit totally unverifiable... some of the -4Y0s got some nice bang stresses... and the -90-30 had a cricket green compactor attempt last week... with some crew just trying to finish their contracts and go elsewhere and say "to hell with a hundred ERs..."

I guess it won't take long before Batavia's 320 pilots think, "to hell with these nice FBW... I'd go somewhere where I deserve more than this!"

Back to this Batavia scheme... Many have doubts on the quality of the training provided... but since they're still selecting the first class, its still early days. However, with "company people" putting their relatives and sons of friends into the scheme, the attempts to put this scheme as an "opportunity for those who cannot pay for flight training" has gone straight out of the window. And with this bond 150kUSD flat for 16.5yrs makes many wonder if these guys are going to be forced to fly 120hrs planned (rumours of 150 actual has been surfacing from time to time) for a measly 500USD take home pay will happen... *pukes*

No doubt there are some potential talents being selected, but with one candidate that went past the second stage, whose name is well known amongst the airlines here as a security threat (he was caught by an airline's ground staff as an "imposter" but escaped before security arrived) and many ridiculing his mental stability, a lot of us here see that if he does get accepted, this scheme has totally no credibility, since he's been put there by one of the chief pilots... (whom many dislike).

Happy,
Well, I hear neighbouring MH is 15yrs but with 50k USD reducible... all those years bonded may be justifiable, but 150k USD flat is definitely ridiculous!

All it takes is one airline offering a generous or an actually helpful scheme and these nutty bond schemes will fall down the drain.

Somehow I'm still wishing that all these fears are unfounded and the results never result in news headlines... but then again... wish... wish... wish...

PK-KAR