PDA

View Full Version : recruiting edinburgh/scotland

skyhigher
12th Jul 2007, 20:56
anyone any advise for a job hunting scot at the moment, wanting to stay in scotland? what airlines are at recruiting in scotland at the moment?

thanks in advance....:ugh:

rbr919
12th Jul 2007, 21:20
Try Logan Air, great experience on the Saabs, great staff and schemes to pay for TR.

Callsign Kilo
13th Jul 2007, 09:21
Loganair seemingly have fulfilled their recruitment requirements as they have had no one leave their Saab fleet over the last few months. I was told that recruitment would not be reopened again until October. I also believe that there is a small pool of new hires who are entering TR training schemes over the summer. These people had been recruited earlier in the year and had been placed into a holding pool. The bond, I'm told, largely depends on your experience level. However the norm is 3 years for 12K. Rumour has it that some cadets also need to enter a loan/bond scheme for base and line training to the tune of 6K as well.

Arfur Feck-Sake
13th Jul 2007, 10:14
CK,

Any info on the Twin Otter fleet?

Callsign Kilo
13th Jul 2007, 10:35
Just speculation I'm afraid. A lot of talk that they will be disposing of it. Can't see how though. Don't fancy putting a Saab 340 into Barra! :ouch:

Arfur Feck-Sake
13th Jul 2007, 10:52
Thanks CK

Several agencies looking for Saab 340 Captains/FOs in Europe at the moment so I'm guessing that might tempt a few of the current pilots.

StraightLevel
13th Jul 2007, 13:25
Hi there,

Highland Airways are looking for experienced pilots.

http://www.highlandairways.co.uk/cgi-bin/airkiosk/I7/191003?070713142406.81.157.115.242.18818+/highland/I7/EN/static/currentvacancies.html

SL

Sean Dillon
13th Jul 2007, 13:43
I understand Logi are looking for a new Flight Ops Director and Flight Crew Manager after the previous 2 clowns have been asked to leave!

DB6
15th Jul 2007, 07:56
Unlikely SD. Loganair is basically recruiting all the time however like most TP operators the shortage is of experience rather than numbers, therefore ab-initio/low time applicants will not find it easier to get in than anywhere else. If you have a type rating or experience on the Saab however you will be wlecomed with open arms but as has been discussed previously there are perhaps more lucrative ways to spend money on a type rating. For those who genuinely do enjoy flying there are probably few better airline jobs (outside of flying boats in the South Pacific etc.) however an Edinburgh base is unlikely as it is very small and keenly sought after.
If I wanted some decent flying and could move around I'd be looking at Highland as well - they look like fun and I know a couple of chaps who used to fly for them and have only good things to say. Bmi Regional and Globespan might be worth a try but won't be as much fun unless you aspire to automated Jet supervision - which most do (and the dosh of course).