PDA

View Full Version : BBC Seeking Service Personnel Opinions

tablet_eraser
12th Jul 2007, 14:23
It looks like Auntie's interested in your thoughts... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/6292656.stm)

So, what should we tell the Beeb?

Rather be Gardening
12th Jul 2007, 14:32
The truth, as you see it.

tablet_eraser
12th Jul 2007, 15:36
Heh, it's not for me; the truth as I see it is what I put in my PVR application!

maxburner
12th Jul 2007, 16:05
I've just scanned the BBC's questions and I think they are difficult to answer in a 'tick the box' fashion.

For example, you might think that we should never have become involved in Iraq, but at the same time feel that now we are there we have to stay. So what's the 'right' answer for the should-we-be-in Iraq question.

I'm not currently serving, but I was in the RAF. However, I won't be taking part in this sort of survey because the answers can be interpreted to support almost any line the BBC wants to take, and I feel as though I can't trust the Beeb any more.

passpartout
12th Jul 2007, 16:27
Tell 'em to poke off.

The BBC will not use this to put the Armed Forces in a positive light, of that I am sure.

ProfessionalStudent
12th Jul 2007, 17:32
I've heard wokkameister was the first to sign up.:E

vecvechookattack
12th Jul 2007, 18:22
Goodness me..... which monkey thought up those questions..... ??

Are the armed forces adequately resourced?

Are you paid enough?

Hang on......errmmmm.....tricky buggers these questions...

I know, lets ask a Nurse / Policeman / Doctor / any public servant...

Is the NHS / Police / Prison service / Education etc etc ...adequately resourced?

Are you as a Nurse / Teacher / Policeman / Prison Officer paid enough ?

Why are they picking on the Armed Forces..... Bugger off BBC and pick on the NHS

Report Line
12th Jul 2007, 18:57
Hmmm,

not the sort of questionnaire designed to get to the root of the problem, more the sort designed to make political points and sell air time. This is the sort of fact finding normally associated with the tabloids. Show again BBC.:\

modtinbasher
13th Jul 2007, 19:43
er, does not The Official Secrets Act sort of concentrate one's mind somewhat?

MTB

toddbabe
13th Jul 2007, 20:32
MTB that questionaire in no way flounts the Official secrets act!
They are just opinions and aren't giving anything away.