PDA

View Full Version : Air Defence Sqn Intelligence Officers

rudekid
11th Jul 2007, 17:27
Can any of the informed tell me whether our current F3 AD units and our future AD Typhoon units (okay, maybe current as of today) have Sqn Int personnel?

If these posts are established, are they gapped, not filled, guys OOA, generally about to be dis-established?

Not looking for a job, just interested....

Jimlad1
11th Jul 2007, 17:38
Surely if you needed to know whether an F3 squadron had an A2 setup, then you would know. The fact that you don't know clearly shows that you don't need to know!

Sorry but IMHO this is not the sort of topic best discussed on the internet.

vecvechookattack
11th Jul 2007, 17:48
Concur..... best delete this thread

Melchett01
11th Jul 2007, 18:20
Just seen a fleet of black Omegas drive past:E

Pontius Navigator
11th Jul 2007, 18:24
As an alternative thread?

rudekid
11th Jul 2007, 18:28
Don't be so pompous, you pair of old women.:{

F3 Sqn in IntOShocker

I can just see the headline now......

RAF makes huge security blunder by admitting that it has Intelligence Officers on some Sqns and not in others.

Hot on the back of other major leaks like 'RAF has pilots flying aeroplanes' and "AWACS not powered by Hot Air- Eco Shocker", we ask has the RAF got a major security concern?

Have a look at this link and get off your high horses. Especially see the bit in red about urgently needed.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/intelligenceofficer.cfm

Then check this out:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/EquipmentAndLogistics/RoyalAirForceTyphoonRoarsIntoNewRoleProtectingTheUkSkiesvide o.htm

Seriously, have a look at some of the other threads! Really!

Pontius:

Don't disagree with your statement, but apparently as I don't already know that the AD A2 set up is not worth it's weight in onions, then I don't need to know. :E

Jimlad1
11th Jul 2007, 19:55
I'm not saying lets not discuss A2, what I'm saying is that perhaps t'internet isn't the best place to discuss the squadron allocations, level of gapping, numbers deployed on ops or activities of what their personnel may or may not be doing! Just because we may be slightly relaxed about this sort of thing, doesnt mean that other nations organisations won't be.

That said having read the career profile of the Into and his delightfully deluded beliefs about the self importance of STRIKES A2 'all source cell', it merely builds on my long established predjudices about the empire building nature of the AWC...

rudekid
11th Jul 2007, 20:37
Jimlad

Appreciate your concerns, so will ask a more direct question:ok::

There is a massive shortage of experienced A2 staff, both commissioned and NCO, caused by the continuous requirement for them OOA and their ability to earn much more money outside.

How is this reflected in the non-deployed and (in current Ops) non-deployable AD units?

If anyone feels that 'hostile services' may benefit from the knowledge that we undoubtedly have intelligence staff in our operational theatres and that as advertised on the main RAF site 'we have an urgent requirement' for A2 staff, then feel free not to post, safe in the knowledge that you are keeping our countries secrets safe!:p

Lima Juliet
12th Jul 2007, 15:31
Rant on

It doesn't really matter whether they serve on AD or Mud Sqns; most of them are "effing" useless and are only good for issuing guns and gold for the first 2 years of their 3 year tour.

Oh, and as for...

Surely if you needed to know whether an F3 squadron had an A2 setup, then you would know. The fact that you don't know clearly shows that you don't need to know!

...you must be an IntO - "I can't tell you because I know something you don't"! :mad:

The IntO advert that RudeKid so kindly pointed out is most amusing.

Similar civilian jobs - Police inspector or
Criminologist

They really are in cloud cuckoo land!

Rant off

Now where's my Magners...:ok:

Pontius Navigator
12th Jul 2007, 16:01
Oooh Leon, you are awful :)

I couldn't possibly comment as it was over 10 years ago that I knew they were f*g useless.