PDA

View Full Version : Screen rotated 90 degrees

Ejector
11th Jul 2007, 16:06
Hi, When I tunred on my laptop, the screen has turned to the left 90' so that now the bottom of the screen is on the right vertical side. This a a 1.5 year old Dell laptop with XP. I can find the setting to change it back.

Thanks in advance, EJ:)

airborne_artist
11th Jul 2007, 16:15
http://xperiencexp.*************/2005/09/display-rotated-90-degrees.html

Open Control Panel>Display>Settings tab>advanced, navigate through the tabs to find a rotate display option.This option has come due to the graphic card you have installed. The option should allow you to rotate the display back to its original orientation.

green granite
11th Jul 2007, 19:53
Or right click on an empty part of the desk top and select properties.

MarcJF
11th Jul 2007, 21:11
The password police always used to use this where I last worked. If you left your desk for more than a nano second, without locking your PC, some idiot would rotate the screen. They soon stopped when i started rotating my monitor to compensate!!

Blues&twos
11th Jul 2007, 21:19
Easy option in XP to rotate the screen back to normal is to press CTRL+ALT+ up arrow key at the same time.The screen will go black for a second or so, then will re-appear the right way up.

Pressing CTRL+ALT+any of the other direction arrow keys will rotate the screen to a different orientation.

(For some reason....)