PDA

View Full Version : Been to a flybe sim check recently?

flyer19832007
11th Jul 2007, 12:40
hey guys and girls, just wondering if anyone has been to a flybe sim check recently or is attending one soon.

Any ideas how long it normally takes for them to get back to you after the sim check?

Flying Farmer
11th Jul 2007, 13:54
Not related to your question flyer but why wouldn't Flybe be in contact with someone who is Dash rated with 600 hours on type?

Very strange when the roadshows earlier in the year highlighted the need for experienced F/Os :ugh:

flyer19832007
11th Jul 2007, 15:09
been real busy with BA connect merger, only just getting through applications now I believe.

Flying Farmer
11th Jul 2007, 16:08
But still have the time to put low hour candidates through Sim checks :hmm:

belsenbaby
11th Jul 2007, 17:14
Hey ya'all

Don't hold your breath ... I've been with Flybe for many years .... loadsa problems with this BA 'takeover' ... their pilots are leaving in droves .. they can't wait to get away .... if I would you I would follow suit!

They've got MAJOR problems and me and other long term Flybe pilots want to follow them and I know of at least 36 of us in our neighbouring bases tryin elsewhere .................

We reckon they re gonna be going down the pan soon and ALL their pilots will be tryin to get other jobs ... so get into another airline FIRST!!!

You heard it here first ok ...........

Good luck

flyer19832007
11th Jul 2007, 17:25
Blimey i didn't realise it was that bad....i was just wondering how long it normally takes to get back to you after a sim check, as and when you get one.....lol.

Are people really leaving in flocks? Thats pretty bad! I thought the whole merger conditions etc were resolved and most people were happy. Is it mainly the Connect guys that are unhappy? Or the Flybe guys? I know a few people that work with flybe, they seem relatively happy and enjoy working for them!

misguided?

lebroix
11th Jul 2007, 17:35
Flyer, I wouldn't worry too much about belsenbaby's comments. Remember its an emplyee's right to moan about their employer. Doesn't necessarily mean its true.

I don't work for flybe so belsen may well be right, but I remember seeing a lot of similar comments about the airline i fly for just before I joined, only to find it to be a very happy ship indeed.

Good luck with the job.

flyer19832007
11th Jul 2007, 17:54
Cheers for that pal, to be honest i think flybe are a great company anyways, hence why i really want to work for them, I quite fancy being a Captain on a Q400 by 27 if i was to get the job, now that would be great.

Again as I said, alot of my friends are working for them now and they are more than happy there, sounds good to me.

I think the Aviation industry as a whole is a very funny one, great to be a part of if you can manage the waiting for interviews, sim checks, job offers, rejections etc, if anything, those who persist get more out of it than those who give up at the first sign of something not going their way!

I understand that some may disagree with that because they have been trying for ages, best bet keep going! I had a friend in a hold pool at an airline for almost 2 years and got a call 2 days before the type rating began! Crazy stuff!:ooh:

Q400 Pilot
11th Jul 2007, 20:46
Belsen doesn't work for Flybe either.

I do and I enjoy it!

Deano777
11th Jul 2007, 21:14
But still have the time to put low hour candidates through Sim checks

Mate, they have time for sim assessments because the person who does it is no longer flying on the line, he is a training captain recently retired.

flyer198, check your Private Messages

flyer19832007
11th Jul 2007, 21:50
deano check pm

Craggenmore
11th Jul 2007, 22:53
Flyer, I wouldn't worry too much about belsenbaby's comments. Remember its an emplyee's right to moan about their employer. Doesn't necessarily mean its true.
Hi again FF. Hope you're well. I would intensely worry about belsenbaby's comments. He is accurate. Many are leaving (circa 1500 hours) and I've had the pleasure to meet many of those as new joiners in my airline in the crew room over the past 5 weeks. Low morale, roster disruption, short term contract crews eroding T&C's hence the huge ad campaign to get pax through the doors. It will suit some and Im sure you are one of them but many are leaving and that's the truth.

Chesty Morgan
12th Jul 2007, 10:21
But the majority are staying.

speedrestriction
12th Jul 2007, 15:24
I suggest that readers of this thread read some of the posts here with a pinch of salt. I am always very suspicious of people who make controversial posts (belsenbaby) having only just registered on the website. Certainly in my base I don't know of anyone who is planning to leave at the moment.

sr

AKAFresh
12th Jul 2007, 16:00
Anyone know what aircraft the sim check is done on and profile?

Aka

flyer19832007
12th Jul 2007, 16:54
Saab 340/ Beech 1900D

T/O Straight ahead level 5000' 180kts
turn into local area with "radar vectors"
Speed up 240kts then slow down 140kts then back to 180kts
Track into HON VOR then out 180R
Vectors to ILS at BHX (was on my day)

Then Similar profile, unassisted

T/O strt ahead level 180kts 3000' the DCT BHX then outbound for procedural ILS.

2nd Profile tests everything you had done previously to see how quickly you picked it up.

The chap who does the sim check is really nice, just looking at general handling and scan but all briefed on the day.

As far as im concerned Flybe are awesome! Very few companies hire low houred guys, its a blessing that they still do!

Maude Charlee
13th Jul 2007, 09:47
Just remember folks, the whingers and their cancerous attitudes are on their way out of our door and heading elsewhere. Personally I'd rather be anywhere they're not.

Rollerboy
13th Jul 2007, 11:00
YAWN - YAWN - YAWN
I read the same old yarns about most airlines on this site. Some enjoy there time and some hate there time at, funnily enough the airline they signed on the line to work for.
But please remember that this is the wannabes forum so I am guessing the questions are coming from low houred pilots however answers are coming from pilots with a little to a lot more hours.
I am by no means an experienced pilot BUT would just like to remind all those with 1000 + hours and the ability to move to whichever airline will take them, a couple of things:

1. Think back when you were looking for the job with low hours. FLYBE were perfect then, hard work but hours increasing on a glass cockpit Tprop. Regional flights but many rotations per hour. Good for the CV.

2. I guess you will have snatched any job that presented itself regardless of terms and conditions, beggers can't be choosers. Job offer Good for the Bank.

3. No initial outlay just a bond, I for one would never have been able to shell out for a TR. Good for the Bank.

4. Excellent trainers at Flybe that provide fair and realistic training. Good for the Future.

5. Once you have the experience the chance to move onto something with underslung jets or move on with all the above under your belt. Seems like many have done that, but ask yourself this would you have been offered the chance without the time at Flybe. Excellent for the Future.

What I am trying to say is beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it depends on your experience and stage in aviation.

Finally if you get the call for a sim ride with flybe or any other airline for that matter I wish you all the luck in the world.
Roller

Deano777
13th Jul 2007, 11:27
Well bloody said Roller :ok:

flyer19832007
13th Jul 2007, 14:21
I concur rollerboy! If all you want to do is moan about every company you work for, maybe its not the company itself.....maybe its time you looked for another career? Harsh but true.