PDA

View Full Version : WCAO Pilot in the news

HeliEng
10th Jul 2007, 10:49
Don't think this has been posted, couldn't find it anywhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6287434.stm

quichemech
10th Jul 2007, 12:11
Oooops!:eek:

Maybe a bit naughty naming names. We really could do with some privacy laws in this country:rolleyes:

Heliport
10th Jul 2007, 12:11
Suspended from flying for allegedly speeding on a motorway?

:rolleyes:

quichemech
10th Jul 2007, 12:25
As a directly employed Pilot maybe his employers are not too impressed with the adverse publicity:hmm:

fluffy5
10th Jul 2007, 13:33
Thats where it comes from now, "directly employed".
Has the civilian pilot undergone police training, I think not :ugh:

Bearintheair
10th Jul 2007, 15:34
Under the circumstances I don't think it makes any difference whether he is directly employed or a contractor. At least at the moment he has only been suspended from flying duties pending the result of the prosecution, if he'd been a contractor he'd probably been declared persona non grata on every police unit by now, at least until the case is dealt with.

What Limits
10th Jul 2007, 21:25
I believe that there is much more to this than meets the eye :eek:

md 600 driver
10th Jul 2007, 21:33
i think if you suspended every helicopter pilot for speeding there would not be many left to work

Thomas coupling
10th Jul 2007, 21:43
MD600 glad to see:
(a) you're back, and
(b) still full of boll***s.

It makes all the difference being DE or contract. This may have set DE back enormously at that unit - in fact I know it has and at the worst possible moment when the CP was deep in negotiation with his employers regarding enhanced pay and conditions :ugh: There may be collateral damage throughout the industry because of what he allegedly did that night...and there is more to it as what limits said.

Helinut
11th Jul 2007, 08:16
MD 600,

We will, of course, have to wait until the trial has concluded, but the alleged offence was dangerous driving, not just speeding.

Rotating Star
11th Jul 2007, 23:09
I wonder if he'll be shown the same level of leniency as the traffic officer caught "testing" his patrol car at some lunatic speed on a motorway!!

What Limits
12th Jul 2007, 11:12
What is lunatic speed?

Perhaps you should look up where speed comes in the list of causation factors for accidents involving death or serious injury. You will be surprised at how far down the list it comes!

The PC in question had permission from the Government to do what he was doing at the time. Needless to say, after all the publicity things have been changed to protect the politicians!

on21
6th Nov 2007, 17:05
From today’s Times. Certainly not condoning it, just unlucky.
Police pilot guilty
A police helicopter pilot could be jailed for up to two years after he admitted dangerous driving. The driver, was clocked speeding at 110mph (177km/h) on a 40mph section of the M5 in Bristol in February. The driver, is suspended from his job with the Western Counties Air Operation service.

SilsoeSid
6th Nov 2007, 18:09
10th July 2007 21:25
What Limits I believe that there is much more to this than meets the eye :eek:

This is the part I never got to hear about at the time...
"The driver, was clocked speeding at 110mph (177km/h) on a 40mph section of the M5".