PDA

View Full Version : Can a Helicopter trial lesson logged in PPL(A) logbook

Rood
10th Jul 2007, 01:02
I was lucky enough to be bought a trial heli lesson. Can it be logged in my PPL(A) logbook under Any other flight or is it frowned upon if inspected by the CAA?

Obviously it doesn`t count to my fixed wing hours just towards helping me remember the details in 50 years when I`m dribbling my tea.

muffin
10th Jul 2007, 05:53
Yes, you can log it as Pu/t. It will count as rotary hours if you ever decide to do a PPL(H).

DBChopper
10th Jul 2007, 17:07
Or just put it straight in the new log book you've bought to start your PPL(H) training...

Surely you must be hooked? ;)

BillieBob
10th Jul 2007, 20:12
This sort of question keeps coming up and the answer is always the same. You can enter in your personal logbook anything you like - even the time spent sat down the back with a bucket and spade on the way to Ibiza if you're really sad. The ANO states only the minimum that must be entered, it doesn't stop you entering anything else.

Rood
10th Jul 2007, 23:40
Thanks for the replies.

To answer DBchoppper I can see how I could be hooked...its lots of fun. Now if those interest rates start back down...

S-Works
11th Jul 2007, 07:58
My rotary, ML and FW are all logged in the same books. Your log book is a memory of everything you did as a pilot. I don't log passenger flying as I am on my 4th logbook and it just wastes space.

When I need to renew a license I just add up the relevant entries. Easy!