PDA

View Full Version : Ex Military IR's

FayeDeck
8th Jul 2007, 15:45
Chaps, I know this is buried in LASORS somewhere but can someone tell me what the time limit is for getting an IR after serving in the military.

Does it start after your last Mil IRT runs out or you lic issue.

If you do not do it in this time, what are the consequences.

Thanks for your time.

fkelly
8th Jul 2007, 16:46
So is downloading LASORS, going to Section E and then reading the relevant paragraphs really too much work?

Curtis E Carr
8th Jul 2007, 19:59
From LASORS (my bold type)

A QSP(H) who has held a AAC (limited) or a
restricted* Green (or Master Green) helicopter
instrument rating within the 5 years preceding the
date of application for the IR(H), is required to
complete a minimum of 15 hours IR training at an
approved FTO, of which 5 hours may be in a
FNPT 1 or 10 hours in a FNPT 2 or flight
simulator

Outside the 5 years would require completion of the full 50 hour course.

Brilliant Stuff
8th Jul 2007, 21:22
We are not all as handy at reading Lasors on a screen than we would be with a paperback.
And what is wrong with asking our fellow brethren to point is in the right direction? Isn't that what this forum is all about?:confused:

FayeDeck
9th Jul 2007, 18:05
Curtiss and BS - Many thanks, I couldnt find the relevent section, you are a credit to PPRUNE.

As for the other post - you are a **** sir, however if you need any help with anything please let me know, I would not stoop to your level of being an unhelpful (and clearly perfect) prat.:eek:

SilsoeSid
10th Jul 2007, 10:20
What I like, is that fkelly (wonder what the f stands for!) must have gone to LASORS to find out which was the relevant section and instead of giving the relevant info, all of 3 lines, decided to 'have a go'.

Don't give up the day job kelly!
http://www.etontshirt.co.uk/designs/NT46-postman-prat.gif

Well said in your last sentence Faye, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=prat

Of course the only prats we tend to work with here, have 2 T's and come complete with some geezer named Whitney!

outhouse
10th Jul 2007, 12:24
Ride on, nice to see we still have chaps willing to help out. That must be the JAA inst rating hrs as seem to have a memory of around 28 hrs and some sim time for the FAA one. An old Fart having a senior moment.

outhouse

FayeDeck
10th Jul 2007, 18:17
Silsoe, surely all decent aircraft engines come a bloke called Harry Uss ?:)