PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Times at Gatwick under current security regime

boru247
6th Jul 2007, 20:51
Master Boru, his wife and two daughters (2 & 4) are transiting Gatwick North Terminal on BA flights next Tuesday, from Edinburgh onto Marseilles. They booked the flights last winter with a 1 hour 20 minute transfer time. Mrs Boru & I hope to meet them in France at the scheduled time!

Is this still OK in today's high security regime, or should they ring BA and talk over options?

Any thoughts appreciated!

mmeteesside
6th Jul 2007, 21:16
We made a 45 minute connection last summer (in the middle of the liquids scare) which included re-checking in with BA (off a Delta flight) from LAX-(Augusta)-ATL-LGW-NCL. This was thanks to the BA LGW team though as they managed to get us through and down the to gate in double quick time!
Though we did originally book with a 3hr+ connection but a weather diversion to Augusta and then subsequently missing our planned LGW flight upon arrival in ATL soon put a spanner in the works.

I would say 1hr 20 should be ok as you wouldn't need to re-check in but I'll leave it to the 'regulars' to confirm whether it would be ok or not.

chrism20
6th Jul 2007, 22:21
Make sure you get your onward boarding card from the checkin agent (if you check in online this shouldn't be a prob) at EDI. There have been mixed reports from pax routing through LGW from EDI recently. Some have had to go back through security at LGW and some have managed to get to flight connections, it all really depends on whether your inward from EDI arrives at an international gate - if this happens you will be bussed to arrivals and will have to go back through security.

With the amount of time you have you should be ok, it might be worth downloading and printing the north terminal map off the BAA website so you know where you're going at a quick glance. If you are running short of time and have to go back through security just mention it to one of the security staff, from what I have seen they are very good at moving you to the front of the queue.

Have a nice trip!

spanishflea
6th Jul 2007, 22:50
Unlikely. Edinburgh is a mess at the moment. Average stated delay on BA Shuttles is in the region of an hour and a half.

Don't expect any help from BA now though, hopefully there is a later Marseille flight that they can catch if/when they miss their connection?

marlowe
7th Jul 2007, 08:12
The chance of an on time departure from EDI is slim to zero at the moment on BA, as the groundhandlers Aviance are clearly not up to the task.

boru247
7th Jul 2007, 15:16
Many thanks for your comments - i will keep fingers crossed that all works well!