PDA

View Full Version : Asiana Info

Fragglerock
6th Jul 2007, 12:48
Hello All,

There's plenty of info on this thread about KAL, but very little on Asiana. I'm trying to make a decision on which one would be the best to work for. Anyone out there have any info? I know that with Asiana you are required to live in Seoul and have a minimum of 8 days off. They also pay for your apartment and pay 3000.00 per diem, with a salary of 6000.00 for A320 Capt. I do have a few questions about them, if anyone can answer:

1. Anyone have any info on actual average days off per month and more info on pay?
2. How is the schedule on the 320?
3. Do they allow 320 Capts to apply for 330 Capt positions?
4. Is there any company recruiting for them other than Parc?
5. How are the apartments that they provide?
6. I've also found that they only give a 2 year contract. How does that work?
7. Pay scales on other aircraft?

KAL seems to have a better contract. It is for a term of 5 years, and you are allowed to commute from anywhere on the KAL network with more days off.

Thanks, for any info. Trying to decide on Korea or the ME.

F-Rock

nona
6th Jul 2007, 13:47
I'm here in ME and want to move anywhere in Asia. I'm A320 Capt. Would like to have info on this..............

Fragglerock
6th Jul 2007, 21:27
Sorry, ktommy80,

That was the Capt salary. They also pay per diem of 3000.00 and pay for your apartment. There are other allowances, too. Not sure what the fo pay would be.

Fragglerock
7th Jul 2007, 16:01
Still looking for info on Asiana. Is there anyone out there that works for them? If hired as 320/321 Capt, is there any chance for upgrade to widebody? Thanks.