PDA

View Full Version : There has never been a better time to buy....

englishal
5th Jul 2007, 09:40
Just out of curiosity, I went to the Diamond web site and priced a new DA42 Twin Star. With options of integrated stormscope, traffic, TKS de-ice, extended range tanks and an 02 system it comes in at $650,272.

A lot of money! BUT bearing in mind that it is currently > $2.00 to a GB£ this works out at about £322,475. For this money you get a lot of aeroplane, a real go places machine. (You can get it for £264,000 without the options).

All I need to find now is a further 10 people who want to go splits :) Any takers ;)

PompeyPaul
5th Jul 2007, 10:10
Have you read the articles in "Pilot" magazine about importing ? I think out of the 3 people they surveyed that imported from the states, only 1 of them saved cash on the import.

I guess if you're going for something very expensive though, then you couldn't help to save money.

Genghis the Engineer
5th Jul 2007, 10:40
Don't forget to add 17.5% import duty...

G

Chilli Monster
5th Jul 2007, 10:53
Not if you import through Denmark.

Three Yellows
5th Jul 2007, 11:06
it cost us EURO 21,000 to pay for 'legal fees' and associated costs with the Danish option. But overall saved us about EURO51,000.

bar shaker
30th Jul 2007, 14:41
Even microlights are now coming through Denmark for the 0% Vat.

My mate's SR22T came in over £40k lighter as a result of this option.

soay
30th Jul 2007, 14:50
Just out of curiosity, I went to the Diamond web site and priced a new DA42 Twin Star. With options of integrated stormscope, traffic, TKS de-ice, extended range tanks and an 02 system it comes in at $650,272.
Will Diamond Canada sell a DA42 in Europe? I wouldn't be surprised if they are made in Austria, and exported direct to the buyers in North America. If that's cheaper than the equivalent price in Euros, there must be scope for negotiating with the Austrian factory.

IO540
30th Jul 2007, 14:55
In Europe, the European manufacturers work hard to protect their dealers here.

Sole agencies are illegal in the EU now but there are "ways" to keep this wonderful tradition going ;)

Some years ago, some UK based people have tried purchasing a new TB20 from Socata France ...

Anyway it's easy to buy via a 3rd party, if you can find somebody you can trust with the money.

The Danish option is such a ripoff nowadays. Euro 20k for what is basically a day's work for that lawyer. The reality is that anybody living in Denmark could do this for you.

Fuji Abound
30th Jul 2007, 15:24
I wouldn't be surprised if they are made in Austria, and exported direct to the buyers in North America.

It is my understanding that the DA42 is also "made" in Canada. How much is "made" there I dont know and I could even be completely wrong!

Moreover, if you purchased form the States / Canada I wonder what position Austria would take on honouring the remainder of the warranty?

172driver
30th Jul 2007, 16:57
The reality is that anybody living in Denmark could do this for you.

Are you sure ? I've got a few Danish friends....

Fuji Abound
30th Jul 2007, 17:08
Are you sure ?

Yep, as always there are a few pitfalls for the unwary, so your average Danish fella ambling down the street is not going to have a clue.

Any decent accountant, lawyer or person who has done this before and knows their bacon should be able to steer you in the right direction.

scooter boy
30th Jul 2007, 17:39
new DA42 Twin Star. With options of integrated stormscope, traffic, TKS de-ice, extended range tanks and an 02 system it comes in at $650,272

Is that Canadian Dollars or US?

Certainly would not be my first choice (too slow) but each to their own.

How fast are the more recent ones with the uprated engines? Are any flying in the UK yet?

SB

WorkingHard
30th Jul 2007, 17:46
I am intrigued by some of the costs quoted above. So far my Danish costs have been $6000.00. Any one care to elaborate?

sternone
31st Jul 2007, 03:31
There has never been a better time to buy....

The dollar is for the moment still over-rated.. could drop further more in the future!!!