PDA

View Full Version : Air Seychelles

airgator
30th Dec 2001, 15:46
Does anyone know who the chief pilot is? I am interested in trying to get on with them and want to apply.

ipanema
30th Dec 2001, 20:09
Here's a reply I received from them dated 20 December...

--

Dear (ipanema),

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail, in which you expressed your desires of being employed by our Company as a Pilot.

We regret to inform you that for the next 02 to 03 years we will not be in a position to offer any Pilot Positions due to a localisation programme of all our posts with Seychellois Nationals.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your interest shown in our Company and wish you all the best in your future undertakings.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely

R YOUNG (Capt.)
CHIEF PILOT
DOMESTIC FLIGHT OPERATIONS
AIR SEYCHELLES

The General
31st Dec 2001, 13:11
Airgator
The letter that ipanema got from Air Seychelles is the standard response sent out to all unsuccseful applicants. I tried them about 5 years ago and got an identical response but have subsequently heard of them taking on non national crew. I suppose it's just a case of your CV landing on the right desk at the right time.
I do know that 43 Air School in South Africa has been training crew for them in the past but don't know if this is still the case. Keep trying, sometimes demand exceeds supply...

JJflyer
1st Jan 2002, 20:48
Standard response or not... They are actually trying to move more locals in the driver seats. I have had friends flying for them for the longest of times. They tell me the same, more locals coming. Not that there is anything wrong with that. They do hire from time to time, experienced typed pilots. DHC6, B737NG and the B767 coming to my mind.

Happy new year 2002

ipanema
1st Jan 2002, 22:21
Does anyone have a direct contact in Air Seychelles I could email or fax?

Out of 13+K TT I have over 4K Twotter command time and may be able to weasel something if I am in "the right place at the right time". :)

Skaz
2nd Jan 2002, 02:04
The General
yeah, 43 did train some guys that said they were going to fly for Air Seychelles, but the gen around that I am not sure about, has been a few years since the early days at the airschool.
methinks that one of the guys was a spoilt little brat and if he was gonna fly for them it s only since daddy pulled strings...the usual, 43 trained for a few airlines around southern africa, Air Botswana (air botch) is/was one of them