PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan Questions

Shimrod
3rd Jul 2007, 17:02
Hi, First post here but been reading the boards for a while! I've been following the Flyglobespan saga over the last few weeks in particular, as I am due to fly with them to Hamilton in September - booked the flight last December when there seemed to be little bad press about them. Flights have since moved on a day, and now will be going via Glasgow rather than direct from Manchester.

Do people think Flyglobespan can really get the flights and schedules back to a semblance of normality by September?

Also, what type of plane am I likely to be flying on, given the amount of swapping around that has taken place? it was originally a 757 - I ask this because I have booked the business class, and have read of the flights where the 757 has been replaced with a single class 737. I also appreciate this may well be a 'piece of string' question!

Thanks

Shim

GSM SCOT
3rd Jul 2007, 18:46
The YHM flights from GLA now operate on a brand new 737-800. This will have a three class cabin. The config of the aircraft was due to be changed on sat for its first flight on sun 1st July but after the attack on the airport this had to be cancelled.

The flights from MAN are being operated on a 757 and as far as i am aware there are no plans to base any 737-800 down there so this should continue on the 757.

GW76
3rd Jul 2007, 19:40
So what is opertating GLA-YHM and in what configuration ? There cant be many 737's in the world in a 3 class configuartion. Bizzaar.....only GSM....:rolleyes:

Shimrod
3rd Jul 2007, 20:08
GSMScot,

Thanks for the reply, but I'm slightly confused. From Sept the flight is MAN-GLA-YHM. Are you saying that those flights will be a 757 or will there be a change of plane now as well at Glasgow?

Doesn't seating become more of a challenge as well - the seatplans I have seat for 737 have only half the business class seats of the 757, and they have already merged the MAN-YHM and GLA-YHM flights from Sept 9th.

Thanks

Shim