PDA

View Full Version : Mustek Scanner

cavortingcheetah
3rd Jul 2007, 05:48
:hmm:

Just wondered if anyone could help an illiterate before this Mustek P3600 A3 PRO Scanner gets sent back to Germany in disgust.
Trying to connect it up to a Sony Vaio pc.
Followed the handbook very carefully but when the time comes to scan the test colour card, the inevitable response is that there is no document in the scanner itself.
Suspect the problem may be with TWAIN, whatever that may be. Repeated attempts to reload discs have made no difference and the boys at Mustek seem baffled.
Any suggestions of a polite nature as to what to do with this would be gratefully received. The scanner itself is not a world beater but it was really only purchased for one huge specific job. Mind you, if it has to go back and is refunded, the scanner market is once again an open world's oyster.

Many thanks.
cc

BLUE SKY THINKER
3rd Jul 2007, 08:42
cavortingcheetah.....

I guess it could be a variety of things, but on your TWAIN line of thought, try interrogating it from an external program and see if it is recognised/working. Most photo software, Photo Shop, Paint Shop Pro or similar, will do the trick via File > Import (on some programs a further menu: > Select) detecting the scanner (or not!).

Any drivers on the Mustek website you could try??

cavortingcheetah
3rd Jul 2007, 15:40
:)

Thank you for that feedback. My computer programmer, she say thank you too, but has tried that angle and also number 2 son, who is very clued up is stumped. Suspect dodgy machine and so might have to face nausea of repacking and sending offensive kit back to Germany.
Will post if it comes right and thank you again.
:)

BLUE SKY THINKER
3rd Jul 2007, 16:44
Ah well; good luck with it.

By the way, on a lighter note (if I may).....

".....problem may be with TWAIN, whatever that may be....."
Ever wondered what that stands for? It would make a very interesting pub quiz question!

ANSWER (http://www.techweb.com/encyclopedia/defineterm.jhtml;jsessionid=C1KYYEQZY5SJ4QSNDLOSKH0CJUNN2JVN ?term=TWAIN&x=33&y=10)