PDA

View Full Version : A message from the chief executive

sizematters
3rd Jul 2007, 05:07
Today marks my first working day as Chief Executive of Cathay Pacific. I am very honoured and proud to be given the responsibility of leading this great airline(as it slowly sinks into mediocrity), and I look forward to working with all of you (Well, those few who choose to remain)in the years ahead. I've no doubt there will be challenges, but I'm confident that by working together (to erode your CoS)l as a team we can overcome them.

I am lucky indeed to be leading a company which is in such good shape and which is so well positioned in strategic terms (what a pity we cannot continue to screw our employee's as we have for the past 10 years). Our departing Chief Executive, Philip Chen, deserves great credit for this, and for the massive contribution he has made over many years.

Philip has achieved too much in too many areas to list here, but the completion of the Dragonair/Air China agreement, and the subsequent integration of CX and KA will stand among his greatest achievements. Less tangible, but also very important, has been the way he has led the repositioning of the airline as a below average career prospect: a business that Hong Kong is proud of and recognises as an essential element of the successful fabric of Hong Kong's way of life.

I can speak confidently for all Cathay Pacific when I say thank you to Philip for all that he has done. The good news is that he is not leaving us: he will remain involved as Deputy Chairman of the airline, and as Chairman of John Swire & Sons (China) Ltd. I will certainly continue to draw upon his wisdom, expertise, advice and ability to screw the nasty expat's and on behalf of all of us I wish him every success in his new role within the Swire group.

Our focus, meanwhile, remains on continuing to be the winning team. This involves delivering great service and value to our customers, while organising ourselves and working efficiently and productively for less and less pay. There is still some way to go to complete the CX/KA integration, and ahead of us there is the excitement of the full rollout of our new long-haul product. In many areas there are things we can do to make ourselves an even better company, and I look forward to reducing benefits for the whole team to achieve this.

Tony Tyler, Chief Executive

christep
3rd Jul 2007, 05:26
there is the excitement of the full rollout of our new long-haul product.Much of it due to the fact that customer feedback on the new J product is almost entirely negative, allegedly.

Outtahere
3rd Jul 2007, 11:09
There is still some way to go to complete the CX/KA integration,

Yep, running Ka into the ground is almost complete, beyond which the integration should be easy. I truly hope they don't believe the s... they write.