PDA

View Full Version : R44 Raven 11 Syndicate

datasharp
2nd Jul 2007, 15:27
Looking for interested parties for 2 or 3 person syndicate for late R44 Raven 11 hangored Knutsford Cheshire area .

Pandalet
2nd Jul 2007, 16:40
Since we're on the topic, is anyone aware of any R22 or R44 syndicates in or around Hertfordshire?

Why are there so few helicopter syndicates around? It seems like a great way to spread the costs a bit, and there are loads of fixed-wing groups, but I'm yet to see a rotary one.

md 600 driver
2nd Jul 2007, 16:57
i know of a gazelle one in yorkshire but i cant advertise

Twiddle
2nd Jul 2007, 17:15
Benefit of a rotary is that you keep it in your garden and fly whenever you want to, I think most are owned by people who don't need a group to keep the costs down.

And no, I don't own a rotary:{

muffin
2nd Jul 2007, 19:23
Unless your friendly farmer just across the road decides to sell his barns like mine did last week. As a consequence my helicopter became homeless and now lives 2 miles away in the same hangar as my aeroplane. As you say, that's one major advantage of owing a helicopter gone unless I can bring myself to face the hassle of applying for planning permission for an "agricultural" store shed in my field.

scooter boy
2nd Jul 2007, 23:51
And no, I don't own a rotary:{

Believe me Twiddle as a rotary owner your bank manager, accountant and wife do the crying for you! :E

SB

206 jock
3rd Jul 2007, 08:19
"Since we're on the topic, is anyone aware of any R22 or R44 syndicates in or around Hertfordshire?"

There are two of us who 'share' a Bell 206 in North Herts, which you think would be a perfect arrangement! However, we're selling the machine and I'm in the process of bringing my own one in from the USA.

Why? Despite there only being two of us, we always want it at the same time. And he has a place in Devon, so he flies down for the weekend and it sits on his lawn. Meantime, I'm driving everywhere. Grr!

It could work out that there will be 4 turbine helicopters in my area, all within a 5 mile radius. If the men from Mars came down for a visit, we'd have a bit of a job explaining our logic to them! But that's the joy of helicopters.

md 600 driver
3rd Jul 2007, 17:53
muffin

is it an agricultural" store to put your cropdusting agricultural helicopter in??

muffin
3rd Jul 2007, 19:29
When the man comes to inspect the site my wife says I am to say that the big H in the grass is for Horse.

rotorboater
4th Jul 2007, 11:41
Tell them the H is for Heave off & get orf my land!:)

cyclic flare
6th Jul 2007, 12:51
Do you have a machine yet or are you looking.

Where are you going to keep it / will it be hangered?

I have a few students at the moment that are looking at sharing a 44 in the wilmslow area

guylevine
7th Jul 2007, 17:19
Hi - i am manchester based, currently flying r22 from barton and would be interested in the share

datasharp
8th Jul 2007, 11:24
Havent completed licence yet so have not purchased machine - intend to start looking in August, also trying to buy/rent some more land from farmer next door in order that planning permission for agricultural building doesnt get rejected as although I have som land planners may deem not enough to warrant building.

Interested in talking to any one with firm interest about purchase - ideally looking to share with 1 other .