PDA

View Full Version : Africa One?

Jetscream 32
25th Mar 2002, 15:27
Shiny tri-star @ EGMH today SX-ONE, just wondered how long they had been flying, are they used for scheduled or ad-hoc?. .. .Just a question and not a spotter. .. .cheers. .. .nick

Boss Raptor
25th Mar 2002, 16:41
Africa One = DAS Air Cargo (pax operation), aircraft is ex African Safari, not commenced ops. yet I believe - havent seen the aircraft yet but I suspect reg. is actually 5X-ONE...and think its DC10-30.... . . . <small>[ 25 March 2002, 12:42: Message edited by: Boss Raptor ]</small>

Caribou 2
25th Mar 2002, 17:17
DAS AIR pax ops ?. Interesting. I am sure the two Andy's have thought that through carefully if it is a pax op - good for them. Their cargo outfit is very professional. I am sure it must be a DC10.

Jetscream 32
25th Mar 2002, 18:57
Sorry my mistake, it is 5X and yes DC10, nice paint job.. .. .nick

yetanotherdawn
27th Mar 2002, 18:54
Pictures available on "PlanePictures.net" and "Airliners.net". Yes, good paint scheme.

djeskine
31st Mar 2002, 11:17
:) :) :)
at long last BLACK africans taking aviation business seriously!
Africa One....a joint venture between African businessnmen and
DAS air. Capt Joe Roy in control and several businessmen in the coop.
5X-ONE already in Entebbe...to commence ops in place of
the SAA backed and now defunct AJAS.

Good work fellahs....that's the way to GO GO GO..:cool: :cool:

triallesson
31st Mar 2002, 14:08
:-)

Boss Raptor
31st Mar 2002, 18:02
So far no 'African' partners have been identified by the company as far as I am aware - and Joe Roy has been very settled in UK for a long time...

djeskine
31st Mar 2002, 23:11
Mhhhhhmmmmmm

I know for certain Roy is very much a Ugandan with vast interests in the coutry too.
Living in UK?? So what!!
Free spirit of globalisation is well and alive then.

Ohhh 5X I believe is a Ugandan registration?

Try Dr. Gideon Kaunda....for a shareholder!:p :p :p

===================================

If you look further south.....you'll wind up north!

B707
1st Apr 2002, 13:54
Joy along with his wife will make this run successfully, Wish them luck. Uganda really needed an airline of its own after the collapse of UAL.

kaswili
4th Apr 2002, 11:33
What routes will they be flying..?
I hope they can make it work...and give some ex UAL guys some work!

yetanotherdawn
6th Apr 2002, 06:49
Routes will be a mixture of charter and schedule, based out of Lagos and Entebbe, using DC9's/ MD82's for short haul and DC10's for long haul. Many ex-UAL and others already employed, more joining.