PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL Multi/IR CFI/II - What's next

stevegg5
20th Mar 2002, 07:43
Well i've spent the last 2 years getting to 1400TT but with only 40 multi what's next.. .My US J1 visa runs out at the end of June and i'm not sure how to continue. . .I've herd British Virgin Islands or Africa are worth trying does anyone have any good advice.. .On a British Passport.

Doggs
20th Mar 2002, 09:03
Try to keep a job as Cfi. Will your employer issue you a letter for an H1B visa ? Right now with the J1 not expired, you could get an adjustment of status while in the U.S. You end up paying for a lawyer to setup all your paperwork, but it's worth a thought since flying jobs in europe a nil without a JAA or similar license and the current situation may take a while to improve.

stevegg5
20th Mar 2002, 21:43
Thanks Doggs,. .. .I'm already trying the H1B route but the promise of it happening seems to be low with the current situation in the INS.. .The company i'm with have offered me Baron then Lear if i can stay. So you bet i'll try my best to stay.. .But if not then i'll have to bail out

B Sousa
20th Mar 2002, 22:03
You mentioned the BVI and Africa. Im sure Africa will want a work permit. BVI has some small outfits. Pay is minimal and expenses are great. here are some sites for you.. .(www.fly-bvi.com). .(www.b-v-i.com) look for Clair Aero they do a lot of inter island and Puerto Rico transfers.. .(www.airsunshine.com). .There are a few others but these are the small carriers in the BVI that have been around for a while.. .Email me if I can be of further help.