PDA

View Full Version : Travelling From Gatwick on Monday

effortless
1st Jul 2007, 13:46
Heading east tomorrow, 4pm ish departure, should I allow a bit more time booking in?

Getoutofmygalley
1st Jul 2007, 16:19
From the BAA Gatwick website:

Important information
Following Saturday's terrorist incident at Glasgow Airport, additional security measures are in place at all BAA airports. Dropping off and picking-up in front of the airport is severely restricted and passengers are warned that there may be significant delays in reaching the terminal itself by car. BAA strongly recommends that passengers use public transport to get to the airport. Passengers using private cars will find it more convenient to use car parks to gain access to airport terminals.

It doesn't say anything on BAA's website about allowing extra time, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if over the coming days we have a number of security alerts as a result of pax leaving bags unattended whilst they pop off to the coffee shop, or outside for a cigarette. So it might be prudent to allow a bit of extra time just to be safe.

effortless
1st Jul 2007, 17:55
Ta chaps, I really don't fancy hanging around for hours but I suppose I must. Flying bloody cattle class to some godforsaken hole in Bulgaria just to make things worse.:sad:

Getoutofmygalley
2nd Jul 2007, 15:51
Airside is the best place to be.

Unless you smoke! :E

effortless
10th Jul 2007, 11:02
I'm a dedicated non smoking but I must say that if you are one then Bourgas have it sussed airside. A huge covered terrace and I mean huge, with views over the apron.

manintheback
10th Jul 2007, 11:22
heres a tip. If travelling from Gatwick South, get in the queue closest to the wall. Its much quicker as all the others enter the security area through doors further along and then snake back and join you. Its one of these illusions BAA like to give that there are lots of security points - when there arent.

frequentflyer2
10th Jul 2007, 12:26
'Ta chaps, I really don't fancy hanging around for hours but I suppose I must. Flying bloody cattle class to some godforsaken hole in Bulgaria just to make things worse.':sad:

I'm probably just being a nosy b...er but if it's so bad why are you going?

effortless
10th Jul 2007, 16:09
I'm probably just being a nosy b...er but if it's so bad why are you going?

Being paid to dear boy being paid to. This said I had a blast. I was in t' mountains in horse and cart land. The food was limited but the company a hoot. Beer about 40p a pint. :E I spent my last day on a beach in Sozopol. The sea was warm but it was packed with chavs talking about "A place in the sun". Dear dear another beautiful place spoilt by Brits.