PDA

View Full Version : RossAir, again, again

PicMas
18th Dec 2001, 11:13
Hey guys..

A quick question; will RossAir hire with FAA certificates? What are the REAL requirements? How long do you need to do "random" work before getting on the line?
How much (or little) do they pay.

I'm a Danish guy with 1200TT, an open mind, and an urge to try something different from instructing in the states.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

slapfaan
18th Dec 2001, 13:41
PicMas,

Rossair has various contracts around the world and has made use of FAA license holders in the past.

It is however a South African company,and they do try and accomodate South Africans first,which is-you'll agree,only fair.

Most of their a/c are ZS-(South African) registered,so you'll have to write the SACAA examinations if you seek employment with Rossair.As far as I know,the SACAA requires that you do all the COM/ATPL subjects if you hold a FAA,not just airlaw..

Good luck

DownIn3Green
19th Dec 2001, 00:06
PIC-M,

Don't know about that. I've flown ZS-reg 727's on an endorsement from the SACAA. The only requirement is not being allowed to fly internally in SA.

Also, watch this thread and you will probably see talk of a fellow called "Braindead". He apparently flys the 1900D as F/O on an FAA Comm/Inst.

Good luck!!!

4144r
21st Dec 2001, 17:16
Hi Picmas,
As far I know you just need a validation from RSA to fly a ZS airplane.But it's only valid outside RSA.The cost of this validation is around 150$ for 6 months.
Safe Flight and enjoy the Florida beaches...