PDA

View Full Version : Live Free - Die Hard

ORAC
30th Jun 2007, 04:29
Just been to see it. Without spoiling it, I love the F-35B, it's gun, and the amount of time it can fly after a total engine failure. :}

Brings a whole new dinmension to CAS... :p

PPRuNeUser0211
30th Jun 2007, 04:37
I love the number of reviews I've seen (and indeed the big man bruce himself) referring to it as a harrier.....

ICT_SLB
30th Jun 2007, 04:39
Saw the sequence at a preview on Thursday - remarkable how it stays level with the lift fan completely hosed as well. Wonder how much L-M paid for the plug?

ORAC
30th Jun 2007, 04:53
Yeah, but they missed a trick (or maybe it ended up on the cutting room floor). The show the pilot ejecting - then landing safely. If he'd been a real Marine, he'd have chased after him... :p

Double Zero
30th Jun 2007, 12:42
Does he reverse into a skyscraper untouched, then have conversations with his daughter on the nose, ( without her disappearing very rapidly up the intake ) & have a baddie strolling about on top ?

Arnie can do all that apparently...

Although I think the first Die Hard was great, I still wonder why it seems all American buildings - and spacecraft for that matter - have human sized ventilation ducts ???

AR1
30th Jun 2007, 15:41
I still wonder why it seems all American buildings - and spacecraft for that matter - have human sized ventilation ducts ???

The building where I work has just those features. It reassuring to know I have somewhere to hide when the aliens land. I have been concerned however with a recent doctor Who episode, which indicates Daleks have discovered some form of vectored thrust. Running upstairs it would seem, is no longer an option.

West Coast
30th Jun 2007, 16:56
"amount of time it can fly after a total engine failure"

Battery backup of course.

Double Zero
30th Jun 2007, 18:18
AR1, well I'd rather face a Dalek armed with a sink plunger & an egg-whisk than the Aliens chasing Sigourney Weaver...

Your building in Wiltshire with lots of ventilation, not Stonehenge by any chance ?
:E