PDA

View Full Version : Money Makes the workers stay..............

sizematters
30th Jun 2007, 01:17
well, you all sorts of crap such as "I won't put up with this crap for any money"

It seems funny when Cathay paid 30% more than any other carrier, everyone put up with the crap, no-one left...................

now that the salaries are decidedly average to below industry norm, people are walking...................

Just hope they realise that they need to throw some money at the aircrew if they want to keep people......................

whats the betting they won't ???

badairsucker
30th Jun 2007, 02:12
If they don't people will leave.

There are people on the forum who say thats it's been said before and nothing has happened, but times are changing, these people should wake up to the fact that the market is booming for experienced aircrew and why should people stay here away from family, their own country and put up with the CX crap for not a lot of difference in money from other airlines.

Watching with interest..........

HotDog
30th Jun 2007, 05:12
Arbeit macht Frei!:ok:

sizematters
3rd Jul 2007, 04:51
well, a survey of popular "Line Opinion" is that most guys are waiting to see what the "New Package" has to offer..............If it is crap, as expected ,then "The walkin' does the talkin" .............I know at least 5 Freighter Captains who are lined up for Oasis, oops, make that 6.............Lots of NA F/O's will go back to legacy carriers unless the compensation is market rate +++........................Flt Ops is already panicking as to how they can possibly crew all the new shiny's.....................well, easy answer..................................PAY THE MONEY

Dan Winterland
3rd Jul 2007, 10:52
I know - great idea! Lets give our sister company Dragonair some A330s thus freeing up some chaps to fly the new 777's!!!! :D

Oh, they don't have anyone to fly them either. :O

Fly747
3rd Jul 2007, 11:27
Yes Dan and we'll fly their Classics for them so they can fly the ERFs!
KA got lots of pilots, NOT.
Good article in Flight this week about not only the pilot shortage but also the instructor shortage to train more pilots.

ChairmanBoysClub
3rd Jul 2007, 11:52
Hey folks,

The pay INcrease MUST be on its way. The guys are walking away in numbers these days.. :ok: Beauty :ok:

natops
3rd Jul 2007, 12:21
True, I'm gone as well. Leaving in a few days, 7 days notice as a good probationary pilot does...
Please do not expect a big payrise soon....
Heard more guys are waiting for the go from other airlines, CX BRACE!
Please enjoy the flying, it is really enjoyable....I almost lost it there.
:ok:

ChairmanBoysClub
3rd Jul 2007, 12:33
Natops,

Really. Hope the grass will be better over there. Probation - that means you've been in Cathay for less than a year or?? Amazing.

Would it have made a difference for you if you got an 4% pay increase? as the latest rumor has it.

C ya.

natops
3rd Jul 2007, 12:38
no mate 4 % is not enough, I'm joining a company where I get 95 % extra.

no brainer really.

didnt expect to go this soon, but anyway i'm gone.
:ok:

Fly747
3rd Jul 2007, 12:55
KA just had an FO resign during line training, they are making him do 3 months to finish LT even though they need the sectors for other new FOs. Figure that one out!

Captain Don Quixote
3rd Jul 2007, 13:48
I have some friends going to EK. After the latest round of payrises they get monthly salary of over $6,500K US ($52K HK) tax free. If you allow for Hong Kong tax that is about $62K HK in Catahy terms. Not bad! Apparently they have had 17% payrise this year.

Is Cathay likely to match this payrise?

cpdude
3rd Jul 2007, 14:08
Money most definitely encourages people to stay but good conditions makes people happy. People who stay for money will do the job but just barely where happy people do the job to the benefit of the company bottom line.

I think the company has to ask themselves if they want to just keep pilots or have happy employees as well?:hmm:

Edited because they could have both if they weren't so greedy!

Buttie Box
3rd Jul 2007, 14:35
cpdude

I like the cut of your jib, matey. But can't we have both?