PDA

View Full Version : Nppl (sep)

kitfoxman
29th Jun 2007, 19:25
Does anyone have any reliable info on if you can conduct your NPPL (SEP) on your own, solo owned, aircraft that flies on a permit, not C of A. I'm upgrading from a PPL (M).
I seem to get different stories depending on who i talk to
Thanks

Rod1
29th Jun 2007, 20:31
Yes you can, provided it is deemed suitable. There are some guidelines about duel controls etc.

Rod1

J.A.F.O.
29th Jun 2007, 20:44
guidelines about duel controls

So, if you have to fight over the controls then it's a no.

Whopity
30th Jun 2007, 08:59
Firstly, what does your Permit say? Does it allow Aerial Work or is it prohibited?

There is an AIC relating to Tests and Instruction in aircraft maintained to private standards http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aic/4W133.PDF but that excludes Permit aircraft.

If you fly with a friend who is an instructor and no payments are made then I can see no reason why its not possible, but if you pay, then its aerial work and subject to the provisions in the permit.

kitfoxman
1st Jul 2007, 21:37
Its becoming clear. I can use my group A permit a/c to do the NPPL SEP course and flying test. Must be at a licensed airfield.
So a minimum (will depend how good you are) of 3 hrs flying, a nav test, flying test and one general exam, as long as you have 32 hrs in 3 axis microlights. Nice

Lots of "A" schools have no real feel for whats needed, they want to sell you loads of hrs on a hired a/c, plus exams. Suppose its not in their interest to take an experienced 3 axis PPL (M) and make it easy to attain a NPPL SEP. I am cool with that.