PDA

View Full Version : JAA FROZEN ATPL NEEDS WORK

Constant Speed DU
29th Oct 2001, 23:39
Hi there, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Graduated from Oxford in June (integrated course), went through the selection process with Britannia, was mean't to start my 757/767 type rating on Nov5th after signing a three year contract and then someone decided to blow up the World Trade Centre.I've had a bit of bad luck but very much still determined. If anyone knows of jobs going in Africa, please E-mail me: [email protected]. Cheers for your help.

Chris2
30th Oct 2001, 10:39
You might get lucky in Maun, Botswana, where there are a few operators flying C206/C210s with tourists into the Okavango Delta. But you will need to get yourself down there and get your face known. A while back there was lots of info on this forum, I think a guy called Swamp Rat might have some useful info.

Then you should speak to the companies that work on contract to the Red Cross and UN in all the exotic locations in Africa. Most are based in South Africa: Ross Air, King Air Services, Solenta Air, all at Lanseria Airport, Johannesburg, and Balmoral and Federal Air, at Virginia Airport, Durban. They will take guys with 200 hours although you might need to do a SA conversion/validation. Once again it helps to get yourself down there.

Good luck in whatever you do !
Cheers Dutchie

Jam Doughnuts
2nd Nov 2001, 00:56
Hey Dutchie we gona have to stop meeting like this , the missus gonna be getting worried..... :)

Best advice I can give also is, get down there and get know.. so many people try to get in from Europe.... 'faid its a non starter, the people need to know who you are then and only then might you get a chance. remember its about 15 ZAR to the pound now, and a pound goes a long way.... you can buy more than one beer with that..... so if you have a bit a spare cash would recomend coming down and giving it a try. I did many moons ago and didnt regret it.

Best of Luck :D :D