PDA

View Full Version : A310 and A320 jobs for West Africa

Ready
29th Oct 2001, 05:25
A pilot agency is advertising for these aircraft types, Captains and FOs based in Western Africa.
I sent in my resume today, and all I got back as detail was a closing date of Nov. 10. Anybody knows more? Like where, who could it be, and so on?
Thanks.

DownIn3Green
29th Oct 2001, 05:34
Maybe Air Afrique?

Boss Raptor
29th Oct 2001, 12:56
A310's with Air Afrique and one flyable with Nigeria Airways, not aware of any A320's in the region at all...

Gunship
17th Dec 2001, 11:13
Sorry - I am a bit late to reply, but hope it still helps. The only A320 flying here (that I know off) is Lotus Air for Egypt. They started doing "code share" or sub - leasing for Ghana Airways. Ghana Aiways advertised a direct flight : Freetown to Jhb via Accra with a South African company called T and E Aviation. Dunno what happened to Millionair on the West Coast route but I can tell you that Lotus Air are doing this "direct flight". Hope it helps. Cheers, Gunship :rolleyes:

Stratocaster
18th Dec 2001, 16:38
'Might also be Khalifa in Algeria... They've got lots of different Airbuses.
:eek:

African Safari just switched to A310 (sold the DC10 to DAS Air Cargo), but that's east africa.

Gunship
23rd May 2003, 20:32
African Hope .. Enigma ... here is some interesting West Africa News to keep you guys "in the history" .. :bored:

concordino
26th May 2003, 05:20
Ready,

Would you care to elaborate on which agency it was?
In case if it were Mach2000.fr I would suspect it might be for STA Trans African Airlines based in Bamako Mali.
I hear rumors they may be getting an A310 or A320 to start Paris service and given the closing date of November it would mean that the project is still being worked on.

:cool:

Gunship
26th May 2003, 06:13
Concordino .. sorry more a history lesson that I got in the archives ...

Note the dates ..

helldog
28th May 2003, 17:16
On the subject of A310s.

I landed at Entebbe the other day, I think about 6-8 days ago. There was an A310 departing. I think it said MIDWEST in big red letters(from top to belly) When the tower requested pax on board, they said 'crew only' I think it was 13 in total. Anyway he was departing to Cairo empty. And they gave it some, quite an impressive t/o.

Anyone know the story with that one? Gunny?

Cheers