PDA

View Full Version : Senseless killing

BMM389EC
13th Dec 2001, 18:27
Crime strikes again in our country. A well liked and respected captain at Comair was shot and killed at his home yesterday. When will this end....

B Sousa
13th Dec 2001, 19:18
I can only assume your in SA. Its very sad to see such a beautiful country bow to the rest of a world that wont even visit. I spend a lot of time there and every moment is treated like Im in a combat zone. One must stay alert.
Things could change, but it would require drastic measures that the World does not like to hear about. Until then, continually check your 6.
I remember when I was a kid, I used to read the National Geographic magazines with the streets of Nairobi Kenya and thought what a wonderful place. Tree lined, paved. Now if you drive those streets your car can get swallowed up in a pothole.
Theres a message in here.....
Is this incident posted in a news site?

The Guvnor
14th Dec 2001, 00:37
BMM899EC - who was it? I know a fair number of the MN people... :(

HelosRfun
14th Dec 2001, 03:28
Just goes to show what "political correctness" will do to a country. I've several friends that are SA, or I should say WERE SA. They saw the handwriting on the wall, and got the hell out. Sorry to hear about the controlled rand. What's it down to now? Hey, look at the bright side. Even though it may not be worth living there, things certainly are getting cheaper, no?

tally
14th Dec 2001, 07:47
Mr Sousa,
I know we see things abit diffrently, but on this one I totally agree with you. It is sad to see SA in the direction it is going. We tried the PC thing in nigeria with the north and the south, absolutely nonsense. SA for a while was supposed to be the shining star, though it is, but the downward slide leaves much to be desired. Makes one wonder, what is wrong with the continent as a whole.
My condolence to the family and friends involved. hate to see a human lost in such a senseless manner.

B Sousa
15th Dec 2001, 03:15
OK folks to keep this thread in line a bit. Is there any information as to what happened, where it happened Maybe even who was involved. etc??

Three Holer
15th Dec 2001, 13:31
The Pilot killed was Hennie Engelbreght.

15th Dec 2001, 16:33
Well that's absolutely devastating to hear! I'm an ex-South African who left for exactly those reasons. My sincerest condolences to his family, freinds and colleagues.

[ 15 December 2001: Message edited by: 126.9 ]

j boy
15th Dec 2001, 22:32
The Nigerian pilot body also lost a captain due to a senseless killing this week also.He was a wonderful person and loved by all.Please pray for the families affected.

Bonaero
17th Dec 2001, 21:59
Most tragic!

Sorry Hennie. I'll miss the days together on F-27's way back when.

Remember when Tas said "CLEAR RIGHT!" with such conviction. Good lord; it's even funny now. Rest in peace my freind.

V1 Rotate
20th Dec 2001, 10:16
The only difference between SA and Zim is that things are getting worse faster in SA.